Heavy Duty Mechanic – Prince Rupert, BC
Join a team, led by a certified and experienced mechanic, as a heavy duty mechanic and make a real impact. Your valuable skills and experience will enhance the maintenance department, contributing to its safe and efficient operation while also serving as a positive influence on the growth and development of your colleagues. This is a chance to take your career to the next level in a supportive and dynamic work environment. If you’d like to learn more about this position, call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Salary: Depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits, full group insurance coverage plan, and RRSP program by the employer’s contribution.
Shifts: Monday to Friday day shifts, flexibility required during peak times.
- Red Seal or Journeyperson Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket.
- 4-6 years of related experience.
- Able to work outdoors and in confined spaces and heights.
- Willingness to learn.
- Able to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must provide basic tools.
- Driver’s license and abstract required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the maintenance priorities related to mobile equipment.
- Perform thorough visual inspections on all mobile equipment.
- Maintain the mobile equipment by following the documented best practices for that equipment.
- Diagnose problems related to mobile equipment.
- Replace defective or heavily worn parts and components.
- Adjust and tune equipment’s components.
- Other duties as required.
Settled in the Great Bear Rainforest and just next to Mount Hays, Prince Rupert is about as Pacific Northwest as it gets. This port city is linked to the mainland by a bridge, making it about 1.5 hour trip from Terrace and 8 hours from Prince George via the Trans-Canada Highway. Prince Rupert is ideal for outdoor activities like hiking, fishing, and bear-spotting, but it also has plenty of shops, restaurants, and museums in addition to the necessary amenities.