Heavy Duty Mechanic – Montreal, QC
Our client’s business is thriving and has established a proud history of over two decades in the logistics industry. This mechanic role is an integral part of the terminal operation to maintain, repair, and troubleshoot all the equipment and machines onsite.
As an equal rights employer and they value their employees. Internal career growth is encouraged, and it’s not just lip service. One of their employees started in an entry-level position almost a decade ago, and that employee is now one of the Terminal Managers. The company’s core values are quality, flexibility and innovation. If you’d like to learn more about this diesel mechanic position call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 438-476-0943, or apply online today!
Located two hours from Ottawa by car, three from Toronto and only one hour from the US border, Montreal, QC is an ideal location for urbanites and outdoorsmen alike. Go skiing on Mount Tremblant in the winter or bike around one of Canada’s oldest cities in the summer. You can make it through Montreal just fine if you can’t speak French, but it’s a good idea to learn it if you plan on working there.
Relocation assistance will be provided for the right candidate.
Salary: Competitive. $5000 Sign on Bonus!!!
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits including RRSP from Day 1, annual bonus system, and 3 weeks’ vacation, lots of OT opportunities. Relocation assistance is provided for the right candidate.
Shifts: 9am – 6pm, Monday to Friday day shifts, flexibility required during peak times.
- Able to work outdoors and in confined spaces and heights.
- Red Seal or Journey-level Heavy Duty Mechanic certification.
- Minimum 3 years experience repairing and maintaining industrial equipment and infrastructure.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Must provide own basic tools.
- Driver’s license and abstract required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the maintenance priorities related to mobile equipment.
- Maintain the mobile equipment by following the documented best practices for that equipment.
- Diagnose problems related to mobile equipment.
- Replace defective or heavily worn parts and components.
- Adjust and tune equipment’s components.
- Test and validate repairs.
- Other duties as required.