Are you a Heavy Equipment Technician or Heavy Duty Mechanic who’s ready for a job that pays well and offers a great work-life balance? Then we have the role for you! Our client is a world-class, technology-driven, coal-producing mining company. They are seeking 2 Heavy Duty Mechanics to join their team in Hinton, AB. This permanent, full-time position offers great wages and benefits, bonuses, temporary accommodation for the first 3-6 months, and relocation assistance for the right candidate. This is an excellent opportunity to join up with a forward-thinking company that provides ongoing training, a safe working environment (no lost time injuries in the past 3 years), and promotes from within. So why wait? Call or text us at 1-250-483-5954, or apply online now.
Hinton, AB is located about 2.5 hours drive west of Edmonton, and 1 hour North from Jasper. Located on the Yellowhead Highway, it is easily accessible. With a population of 10, 000, Hinton boasts all the amenities of an urban centre, but without the high cost of living. Situated next door to the Rockies, outdoor activities are endless, from hiking to skiing to fishing in the nearby Athabasca River. There are also many community events, including the Fohn Festival, Wild Mountain Music Festival, and the Beaver Bike Fest, making it a great place to raise a family.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Location: Hinton, AB
Salary: $52 DOE + LOATA bonus plus numerous additional bonuses and incentives, based on experience. Monthly bonuses based on production and safety.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including:
- Outstanding monthly bonuses based on production, safety and more!
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Pension Plan matched by company
- Winter clothing, boots, coveralls, tools covered
- Relocation Assistance
Shifts: Tuesday to Monday, 7×7 days and nights, with 1.5 x OT after 10.5 hours in a day.
- Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic/Heavy Equipment Technician ticket preferred.
- 3rd-year Apprentices may be considered if they’ve finished their schooling.
- Preventative maintenance, troubleshooting and repairs to heavy equipment.
- Excellent hydraulic, electrical and diagnostic skills.
- Experience working on a variety of off road equipment including loaders, dozers and haul trucks. Komatsu haul trucks (730 & 830) and Cat Dozers ((D10& D11) experience is an asset.
- Tier4 knowledge would be an asset.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- A high regard for safety.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol test required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, maintain and repair of mobile mining equipment including haulage trucks, graders, bulldozers, excavators, shovels, loaders and other heavy equipment.
- Maintenance and repairs may include engines, transmissions, cooling systems, air systems, fuel and exhaust systems, clutch and differentials, brakes and tires, hydraulic and electrical systems and lubrication systems.
- Lead by example and show a dedication to safety by adhering to established policies, procedures and safe work practices.
- Other duties as required.