Heavy Duty Mechanic – Coronach, SK
A retirement has opened this rare opportunity to work for a company who’s a 3-time consecutive winner of the John T. Ryan regional award for safety in mining. Working both in the shop and mine site, this role will be responsible for repairs and maintenance to a variety of heavy equipment plus a rail locomotive. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 306-993-0855, or submit your resume online today!
Coronach, SK is a small, welcoming community located about 1.5 hour’s drive south from Moose Jaw and just 15 minutes north of the US/Canada border. Popular attractions include a beautiful golf course and tours to the Big Muddy badlands. Locals of Coronach enjoy the safe environment, reasonable real estate prices, and the fact that there’s hardly any traffic!
Salary: $51.81/hr, unionized. Double time OT.
Benefits: Health, dental, and STD/LTD 100% covered. Pension: company does 7%, employees 5%. 3 weeks vacation to start!
Shifts: rotation between days and afternoon shifts. 2 out of 3 weekends off.
- SK or Interprovincial Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic Certificate
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in the mining industry preferred.
- Experience with 777 CAT haulers, D10T loaders, dozers, wheel trucks, backhoes, 90-yard draglines, and locomotives would be an asset.
- Valid 3A driver’s license endorsement or willingness to get it required.
- Drug, alcohol, and criminal background check required.
- Shop environment and fieldwork. The environment is susceptible to the weather as a combination of indoor and outdoor work is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose all malfunctions and carry out planned and period safety and preventative maintenance inspections and servicing.
- Repair gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, differentials, planetary drives, and any hydraulic and air actuated equipment, etc.
- Inspect and test repaired equipment or ensure safe and efficient operation and assist in the investigation of accidents that may be attributed to mechanical defects.
- Perform other related and assigned duties associated with the overall mining operations, as well as provide training to apprentices.