We are looking to hire 1 permanent full time Agricultural Equipment Technician for our client who is a growing John Deere Agricultural Equipment dealership with locations in Lethbridge, Burdett, Medicine Hat and Taber AB.
Our client requires Agricultural Service Technicians with the knowledge and experience to service, maintain, repair, troubleshoot, adjust and overhaul heavy duty agricultural equipment including combines, tractors, seeders and sprayers. Applicants must be thoroughly familiar with tractors and farm equipment and have the knowledge and skill to make repairs efficiently and properly. A full job description is available on request. Must be able to work extended hours during spring and Fall.
Compensation – $33 per hour. The rate is based on level of experience and a higher rate may be available for suitably experienced candidates. Required work experience is 3 to 5 years. Completion of a recognised agricultural equipment apprenticeship is preferred but not mandatory. We offer a full benefit package which includes medical, dental, disability, life insurance and matched pension.
Only qualified applicants will be contacted. Good general computer skills and current experience with John Deere Service Advisor diagnostics preferred.
- Diagnose, repair and re-condition agricultural machinery and equipment.
- Maintain and operate repair shop equipment and other repair tools.
- Perform set-up and pre-delivery of new Agricultural equipment, and other service repairs.
- Participate in all necessary training to keep product knowledge current.
- Interact with customers and fellow employees in a professional and courteous manner.
- Perform all required tasks at an efficient level, while maintaining quality and a safe working environment
Adult Basic Education (ABE 12) Grade 12
Completion of a recognized apprenticeship preferred but not mandatory
Recent John Deere Agricultural Equipment training an asset
Good written and oral communication skills in English are required.
Experience: 3-5 Years relevant experience of diagnostics and repairs on Large John Deere Agricultural
- Able to work independently and in a team environment.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and clean driving record an asset
How to Apply:
To apply to this job, click the large red button below and follow the prompts. You can also email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with a .doc resume attachment and job number 765 cited in the subject line.