How would you like to work for a local company that values knowledge, teamwork, and enthusiasm? Our client is an established construction/aerial equipment rental and repair service provider based out of Richmond, BC. They are seeking skilled Heavy Duty Mechanics/Heavy Equipment Technicians to provide equipment maintenance and repair both in the field and in shop. They boast 2 brand-new shops, as well as a full fabrication and machine shop, so can do almost every repair can be done in-house. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), or text 604-343-3535. If you’d like to join a company that invests in their employees with competitive wages, benefits, perks, and a great work environment, then don’t wait! Submit your resume online today.
The city of Richmond, BC is located in Metro Vancouver and offers easy transit and highway access to Vancouver, White Rock, Surrey and neighbouring municipalities. Richmond's flat terrain offers great cycling along its waterfront dykes, and also made it a practical choice as a 2010 Olympic Winter Games venue city, with the spectacular Richmond Oval hosting speed-skating. The city also offers great multicultural shopping and dining!
Salary: $40-$45/hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: Full benefits package including vacation. Relocation may be provided for the right candidate.
Shifts: 7:00-3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- Red Seal or BC Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic ticket required.
- Valid drivers’ licence and reliable vehicle a must. Transit does not serve the shop location.
- 1-2 years; experience as a Heavy Duty Mechanic.
- Experience with hydraulics, electrical systems, and routine maintenance.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work independently and within deadlines.
- Superior troubleshooting, organizational, and prioritizing skills.
- Good attitude, professional manner, and a team player.
- Proficient computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect, maintain, and repair heavy duty equipment both in shop and in field.
- Work on a variety of components, including hydraulic pumps, safety switches, gas and diesel engines, and more.
- Engage in ongoing efforts to improve maintenance processes and keep abreast of industrial and technical standards.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Other duties as required.
- Own transportation is a must.
- Own basic tools required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lb.
- May be exposed to extreme outdoor temperatures and/or construction.
- OT as required.