Heavy Duty Mechanic – Victoria, BC
Are you an Apprentice or Red Seal in Heavy Duty Mechanic or similar trade? Our client, a distributor of building material supplies who is leading the industry in large-scale, high-profile, complex, and challenging projects in British Columbia is now expanding to Victoria and is looking for you!
They are searching for a responsible, safe, and dependable mechanic, you will be responsible for the preventative maintenance and repair of the heavy-duty truck fleet and will also assist with the maintenance of the concrete plant. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604.343.3535, or apply online today!
Salary: $45 per hour for Red Seal-certified HD Mechanics.
Extensive Benefits Package with great Pension Plan.
- Secure, long-term employment
- Competitive wage, benefits, and pension package
- Strong safety culture
- Training and development
- For Apprentices, guidance and mentorship will be provided by an experienced Red Seal mechanic.
Shifts: 8 hr shifts x 5 days per week
- Apprentice or Red Seal in relevant trade – Truck and Trailer Mechanic, Heavy Duty Equipment Technician, Commercial Transport Mechanic/Technician, etc
- Related experience servicing transmissions, rear ends, running gear, and electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems
- Proficient computer skills
- Experience with formal maintenance programs
- Requires lifting, kneeling, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, working at elevated heights, at times in tight and awkward positions
- Experience with concrete mixer trucks is an asset
- Experience with conveyor belts, pumps, and other machinery is an asset
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out vehicle inspection and maintenance
- Perform scheduled maintenance and breakdown repairs of concrete mixer trucks and other equipment as required to achieve optimum performance
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose problems
- Ensure that all equipment repairs are performed accurately and to manufacturer standards
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with specifications
- Coordinate repair work with vendors (local truck dealers, repair shops, etc) and interact with parts suppliers
- Perform other miscellaneous mechanical and maintenance duties as assigned
- Other duties as required.
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities.