Heavy Duty Mechanic – Nanaimo, BC
Are you a ticketed heavy-duty mechanic? Our client, one of North America’s largest construction materials companies with more than 550 active operations in the U.S. and Canada is looking for you! This company located on the south side of Nanaimo, British Columbia, is searching for a heavy-duty mechanic who will have to be proficient in servicing transmissions, rear ends, running gear, and electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604.343.3535, or apply online today!
Salary: $45 per hour.
- Excellent benefits package
- 6/6% pension, dental and medical
- Great career opportunities in a large company
- Training and development
- OT available
Shifts: 8 hr shifts x 5 days per week
- Valid Interprovincial or Red Seal Journeyman ticket.
- 2 years related experience.
- Proficiency in servicing transmissions, rear ends, running gear, and electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems on mixer trucks is an asset.
- Understanding of DOT inspection requirements.
- Proficient computer skills MS Office.
- Experience with formal maintenance programs.
- Requires lifting, kneeling, bending, twisting, pushing and pulling, working at elevated heights, and at times in tight and awkward positions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify the maintenance priorities related to mobile equipment.
- Lubricate and perform breakdown maintenance and scheduled repairs of mixer trucks and other equipment as required to achieve optimum performance.
- Operate and inspect machines or heavy equipment to diagnose problems.
- Ensure that all equipment repairs are performed accurately to the manufacturer’s standards.
- Test mechanical products and equipment after repair or assembly to ensure proper performance and compliance with specifications.
- Other duties as required.
Nanaimo, BC is a city and ferry port on the east coast of Vancouver Island, in British Columbia, Canada. It is a vibrant urban center where an abundance of recreation and cultural opportunities exist giving residents a lifestyle second to none for living, working, and playing.