Position Title: GEU Faculty, Truck & Transport Mechanics
Job Status: Regular
Competition Close Date: 07/04/2022
WHO WE ARE:
At BCIT, putting people at the core of everything we do is paramount. This idea is the foundation of BCIT’s People Vision, which describes the lnstitute’s goals and priorities in respect to our people. In a complex and uncertain world, it’s vital our people feel valued, supported and connected. BCIT champions a culture of innovation and global progress through people’s imagination and creativity. With a competitive compensation package, great work-life balance, and career advancement opportunities, see why we’ve earned the title of one of BC’s Top Employers for over ten years running.
BCIT values diverse experiences, ideas, cultures and perspectives and is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage applications from members of all groups experiencing barriers to equity. If you require accessibility accommodations during any part of the application or hiring process, please contact RecruitmentAssistant@bcit.ca so we can best support you.
BCIT acknowledges that our campuses are located on unceded Indigenous land belonging to the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) and Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish) Nations.
The Motive Power group requires one regular, full-time Instructor at our campus located on Annacis Island in Delta to deliver training in our apprenticeship and foundation programs.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
This full-time position includes instructional responsibilities such as: teaching provincial curriculum; preparing and presenting classroom lectures, course delivery and assessment materials; providing practical demonstrations; and working collaboratively within our Motive Power team. The program curriculum includes the instruction of the disassembly, inspection, overhaul, servicing and reassembly of many types of commercial vehicles. This ranges from vehicle classes 2-8 trucks, tractors and transport trailers, public transportation motor coach (bus), emergency equipment and Hybrid/Plug in/Fuel Cell electric vehicles. Developing teaching deliverables to be used for online, or in-school delivery to meet the provincial curriculum and newer emerging technologies.
- BC Trades Qualification with Inter-Provincial Red Seal in Truck and Transport Mechanics
- BC Certificate of Apprenticeship in Truck and Transport Mechanics
- A minimum of five years recent journeyperson industry experience (more preferred)
- Ability to instruct the full scope of the Red Seal Occupational Standards for Truck and Transport Mechanics including all levels of apprenticeship
- Documented experience and training in the repair and maintenance of commercial vehicles including electric drive systems (hybrid/fuel cell or full battery electric)
- Demonstrated excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Current computer literacy and proficiency with Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint: ability to manage files located on a database and to utilize online programs and/or learning resources
- Previous experience with heavy duty equipment service and repair is an asset
- Previous supervisory or leadership experience is an asset
- Documented experience working as an Instructor in a post-secondary or industrial setting (teaching apprentices) within a team environment is an asset
- Business operations or service management experience at a dealership level is an asset
- Public transportation motor coach (bus) maintenance and repair experience is an asset
Benefits – Why you’d love working with us
- Competitive pay
- Minimum of forty-six days of vacation
- Competitive employer-paid extended health and dental plan – take a look at our benefit plans!
- Defined contribution pension plan with employer contributions
- Eligibility for partial remote work upon Institute approval
- Professional Development funds and resources
- Access to most BCIT PTS courses free of charge
- Wellness and Employee Assistance programs
- Complimentary membership with free access to the Fitness Centre, Gymnasium, and more
Note: Applicants will be redirected to https://careers.bcit.ca/postings/5707 to apply.