Do you have experience leading a service team of exceptional quality? Do you have strong technical skills with rotating equipment? Then we want to hear from you! Our client, a well-established Electro-Mechanical services provider, is seeking a Foreman to join their team in Burnaby, BC. Reporting to the Plant Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for planning maintenance, projects, supervising electrical maintenance and repair, and inspecting in-process and completed work to ensure that it meets all customer, company and industry requirements. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 604-343-3553. If you’d like to work for a company that always stays a step ahead in the industry, then don’t wait! Submit your resume online now.
Burnaby, BC is located 10 KM (about a 20 minute drive) from Vancouver, BC’s main city core. Burnaby is a beautiful, livable, vibrant, and sustainable community with a healthy economy and a respect for the natural environment. In Burnaby you can find a real balance of city life, and a life in the great outdoors. There is something for everyone in Burnaby; it is a great place to live, work, and play!
Salary: Depending on experience and education. OT eligible.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package.
Shifts: 7:00 am – 3:30 pm.
- Journeyperson Winder Electrician/Electric Motor System Technician or equivalent preferred and/or:
- Applied Science Technologist (desired).
- Applied Engineering or Related Degree.
Experience: 5 years minimum related work experience and 3 years minimum supervisory experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the methods, materials, operations and repairs involved in electrical machinery repairs and maintenance.
- Knowledge of industry regulated Safety practices and principles.
- Knowledge of ISO (or similar) Quality program.
- Excellent leadership supervisory skills.
- Great problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary in prioritizing constantly changing workflow needs of customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage work in progress and work with Shop Coordinator to maintain shop control board.
- Participate and instruct technicians in the repair, reconditioning and maintenance of customer equipment.
- Perform inspection of in process and completed work to ensure quality. Sign off work orders.
- Review hours costed to work orders for efficiency and account for un-costed shop hours.
- Ensure that all company and industry regulated policies, procedures and practices are followed.
- Ensure the Plant Manager is kept up to date and aware of any personnel issues.
- Ensure plant, equipment and tooling is available for regular maintenance and calibration as necessary. Report to Plant Manager any immediate safety concerns.
- Other duties as required.
- Criminal record check required.
- Personality and skill testing required.
- Must hold a passport and have the ability to travel all North America.