Our client, Pronex Air Systems Inc, is seeking an HVAC/Refrigeration Foreman to join their team in Surrey, BC. Reporting to the Owner, the successful candidate will be the primary contact for all HVAC/Refrigeration inquiries relating to new construction, custom home and tenant improvement project. This role is a leadership-type position, working closely with Licensed and Apprentice Technicians of Pronex, as well as external customers. This is a great opportunity to grow with a profitable and long-standing company that empowers and cares deeply about its employees. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 604-343-3535, or submit your resume online today!
Located 24km southeast of Vancouver, Surrey, BC offers easy access to Highway 1 and opportunities to explore all that British Columbia has to offer. The City of Surrey is committed to working with neighbourhoods, residents and community groups to create beautiful spaces and to promote and celebrate community activity, spirit, and pride. Close to the ocean, mountains, Whistler, Vancouver Island and the USA, the recreational and leisure opportunities are endless. Some of Surrey’s neighbouring cities that are conveniently accessible by car or public transportation are Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Coquitlam and Maple Ridge.
Wage: Excellent Wages & Benefits + company vehicle.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including:
- RRSP Matching 2% start.
- Company Paid Health and Dental Benefits.
- Company Events (i.e BBQ’s, Holiday Party, Baseball Games, Fishing Trips).
- Paid Vacation.
Shifts: Work hours are flexible to keep up with the workflow, but the general hours are starting at 7:00 am and finish at approximately 3:30 pm.
- Red Seal or Journey-level HVAC/Refrigeration Certification
- At least two years of experience in a leadership-type role.
- Experience leading teams and implementing systems
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence and clean driving abstract a must.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and efficiently prioritize.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Demonstrate a positive and professional attitude with a hands-on and team-orientated work style.
- Value transparent communication.
- Natural leader and enjoy creating systems to support change.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, problem-solving environment and are willing to take initiative.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform installation and repair of refrigeration and air conditioning components on new construction and custom home job sites, including start-up system and test for leaks using testing devices, recharge system with refrigerant, check and test regulators, calibrate systems and perform routine maintenance or servicing.
- Strategically plan, layout and measure fitting by reading blueprint carefully while working with Sheet Metal Foreman to execute jobs.
- Utilize HVAC/R experience to coach, motivate and assign technicians as needed on New Construction, Custom Homes and Tenant Improvement jobs, including gathering proposals, labour and material costs and providing both numerical and descriptive information on jobs.
- Lead the team and work with Human Resources Manager on employee relations, performance management, recruitment, and development.
- Motivate the team with a positive attitude and value continuous improvement.
- Ensure customer satisfaction, by fostering trust and providing excellent customer service during sales calls.
- Develop relationships with vendors.
- Evaluate staff needs and works with Human Resources Manager in hiring, performance management and training.
- Other duties as assigned.