Fleet Maintenance Technician – Mississauga, ON
We currently have an opening for a Fleet Mechanic to join a leading food and beverage company with a strong Canadian presence and a diverse portfolio of beloved brands. Join their team and be part of a dynamic organization that fosters growth, encourages collaboration, and champions diversity and inclusion. This role is perfect for people who are passionate about automotive excellence and are dedicated to showcasing and developing their technical skills with an experienced team. If you are interested, call us at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or apply online today!
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Location: Mississauga, ON.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, RRSP and vacation time
- A flexible working environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance
- A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
- A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
- Lots of growth opportunities, no layoffs during the pandemic
- Be available to work evenings and weekends as required
- Must be certified (310T) as a Truck and Coach Technician
- Experience with propane and electric forklifts, tractors, trucks, vans, pickups and cars is an asset
- Must be certified in Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Must have valid driver’s license in good standing
- Minimum of 2 years work experience required with preventative maintenance on trucks and industrial equipment
- Knowledge of hydraulic and air brake systems required
- Welding and electrical experience an asset
- Must be able to provide own tool set for the work required
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Must be able to perform frequent standing, bending, twisting, kneeling, squatting, reaching and grasping
- Background check will be conducted as part of the hiring process
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and repair fleet equipment and perform preventative maintenance
- Diagnose vehicle failures and disassemble, repair and reassemble parts as necessary
- Respond to road calls
- Complete all necessary documents, including vehicle records
- Maintain cleanliness in areas of work
- Maintain records of daily check list (pre-trip inspections)
- Perform all assigned duties in a safe and productive manner
- Follow the direction of Fleet Supervisor/Manager
Mississauga, located in Ontario, Canada, is a diverse and thriving city that offers an exceptional quality of life. With a population of over 800,000, Mississauga boasts a vibrant economy driven by industries such as finance, technology, manufacturing, and healthcare. The city offers a wide range of amenities, including excellent schools, world-class shopping, dining, and recreational facilities. Mississauga is known for its diverse and inclusive community, beautiful parks, and vibrant cultural scene, making it a great place to live, work, and raise a family. Join the dynamic community of Mississauga and experience the best of urban living in one of Canada’s fastest-growing cities.