With more than 60 years of success in the food equipment industry, our client, Reiser Canada is recognized worldwide for its high-quality equipment, innovative engineering, and outstanding service and support. They are seeking an experienced Field Service Technician to install new equipment and provide routine maintenance/service to their customers across Canada. If you have strong electro-mechanical skills and a strong customer service-oriented personality, we want to hear from you. Our ideal candidate is smart, energetic, hard-working and likes to have FUN! This is a great long-term career opportunity with a growing company that will invest in you. They have an extremely low turnover of staff and want you to expand your skills and play an important role. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or submit your resume online today!
This role is based in the Lower Mainland, Vancouver, Canada with frequent travel across Canada and the US.
Salary: Negotiable and Annual Bonus & Car allowance. The company ensures you are provided with the best tools!
Benefits: Generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, auto allowance, bonus & profit-sharing plans, paid 3 weeks vacation and sick days. The employer also provides high-quality tools to use when servicing clients.
Shifts: Monday – Friday, flexibility required for travelling to client’s sites.
- 2+ years of maintenance experience — servicing, installing, troubleshooting and repair of electro-mechanical machinery in the Food and Beverage Industry. Experience working on Packaging equipment would be highly regarded.
- Practical application of mechanical and electrical engineering principles and techniques to ensure equipment performance at manufacturers’ specifications.
- Basic knowledge of pneumatic, hydraulic power systems, conveyor systems, or control systems.
- The initiative, critical thinking, complex problem solving, judgement and decision making, persistence, attention to detail, adaptability, flexibility, concern for others and leadership.
- Experience repairing or maintaining Food Processing/Packaging/Automation Machinery experience is highly desirable.
- Team player who works well within a team and is ready to help other team members at all times. Also able to work independently, especially when you are away visiting client sites.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Technicians spend approximately 75% of their time performing service at food manufacturing & processing plants across in the Lower Mainland and 25% in BC.
- Read diagrams, schematic drawings, engineering specifications and service manuals to determine work procedures.
- Engage with customers on-site, analyse equipment performance, troubleshoot to isolate problems and determine actions needed to restore the system to performance specifications.
- Share information with team members, customers and your supervisor to help prioritise and keep customers apprised of corrective actions and equipment status.
- Participate as necessary in new projects to install or improve the safety and performance of existing and new equipment.
- Other duties as required.