Service Technicians with generator and engine experience wanted! Our client is a leading generator services provider and they are seeking a Field Service Technician for their location in Red Deer, AB. The successful candidate will be responsible for repairing and maintaining generators, engines, and other equipment on client sites. If you’re friendly and knowledgeable, then you’ll fit right in!This is a great opportunity for someone enjoys fixing things and building relationships. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), or text 587-794-3883. Apply online now, and don’t let this opportunity pass you by!
Red Deer is located in Central Alberta, about an hour and forty-five minutes’ drive from major cities of Edmonton in the north and Calgary in the south. Red Deer has a great public school system, well-equipped hospitals and health centres, plenty of recreational facilities, parks and trails.
Salary: Up to $28/hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package, including RRSP matching, after 3 months.
Shifts: Mon-Fri 7am-4pm, plus OT. On-call work during the weekends as needed.
- Post-secondary education with a diploma/degree in electrical, mechanical engineering or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Possess or working towards EGSA Certification.
- Electrical, Diesel and Fuel Oil license is an asset.
- Must hold a valid G Class driver’s licence.
- Work experience in a similar industrial engine/generator/electrical service capacity is an asset. Genset experience is preferred.
- Annual Preventative Maintenance service experience).
Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of CSA C282-15 – Guidelines for Generator Maintenance.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to multi-task; excellent communicator both verbally and in writing in English (French communication skills would be an asset).
- Computer proficiency with a thorough knowledge of MS Office and social media tools (texting, skype, etc.)
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Visit various client sites to install, service, and repair generators, engines, and related equipment.
- Perform troubleshooting and prepare diagnoses for mechanical and electrical issues as required.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with other Genrep teams, customers and customer representatives
- Maintain good time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and maintain specific levels of activity to ensure adequate revenue
- Uphold a strong safety culture, performing duties in a safe and effective manner that follows company, provincial, and federal safety standards and guidelines
- Act as a role model to Jr. Service Technicians and apprentices
- Other duties as required.
- Visit client sites daily. May be required to travel to farther locations from time to time.
- Repeated heavy lifting (up to 50 lbs) and long periods of standing and sitting required.
- Clean driver’s abstract required upon employment.