Not everyone gets to do what they love, but if you have a passion for boating and an aptitude for mechanics, then we have the opportunity for you! Our client is a small marine repair company that has been in business in the Lower Mainland for over 20 years. They are seeking a Field Service Marine Mechanic to perform diagnostics and repairs at client sites around Vancouver as well as at their shop based in North Vancouver. This is a great opportunity to build lasting relationships with clients who share your interests and to contribute to the community. Not to mention, the chance to explore 30-70 foot yachts. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 604-343-3553. To apply, submit your resume online today, and get started on a lifelong career you’ll love!
Located a 20-minute SeaBus ride away from the city of Vancouver, North Vancouver is an ideal location for nature lovers and urbanites alike. Hike Quarry Rock in Deep Cove and treat yourself to a fantastic donut from Honey’s. Check out a play or concert at Centennial Theatre or Capilano University. Go skiing or snowboarding Seymour, Cypress, or Grouse Mountain. North Vancouver is diverse, accessible, and beautiful. It’s rainy, but it’s worth it.
Salary: $30-$40/hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: Flexible benefits package available, including 3 weeks of vacation, health benefits available and RSP matching. Company vehicle available during working hours or mileage for travel will also be provided. Relocation assistance may also be available for the right candidate.
Shifts: Monday – Friday, 8am -5pm.
- Valid driver's licence.
- Preferably at least five years of experience, ideally in the marine industry.
- Diesel mechanics with other industry experience may be considered.
- Equipment and Machinery experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- A passion for boating is a must.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Energetic and eager to learn.
- Customer service focused.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently.
- Must have great attention to detail.
- Computer literacy a bonus.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Troubleshoot and repair yachts and boats, on client site or at shop facility.
- Diagnose a range of mechanical problems, in particular Volvo, Cummins and Yanmar diesel engines.
- Own basic tools required; specialty tools provided.
- Physically demanding – combination of sitting, standing, walking; Bending, crouching, kneeling. Manual dexterity and handling heavy loads.
- Ability to distinguish between colours needed.