Our client is a successful construction, renovation, and project management company that services the institutional, commercial, and residential industries. They are seeking a Facility Renovations Superintendent to join their team in Victoria, BC. Working within occupied/public and post-security buildings, this role will be responsible for taking on multiple projects from start to finish including scheduling, cost-control, problem-solving and conflict management, and communication across multiple levels. Most importantly, the successful candidate will be building cohesive teams that consistently meet client and industry demands. In return, they are offering a negotiable salary of $100K-$110K/year, plus bonus, benefits, profit sharing, and relocation assistance. Current employees enjoy working for a CORE-certified company that values community, integrity, teamwork, and a work/life balance. This is a great opportunity for a strong, collaborative leader seeking long-term employment with opportunities for career advancement. Interested in learning more? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325, text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Salary: $100,000-$110,000/year (negotiable) plus bonus. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, vision, 15 days’ vacation, onsite company vehicle, tuition reimbursement, and more.
- 5 + years of previous experience as a Superintendent, preferably on institutional projects such as universities, municipal/federal buildings, rec/community centres, airports, senior housing, ect.
- In-depth knowledge of all construction phases.
- Demonstrated experience assuming overall responsibility for all on-site construction activities.
- Excellent understanding of construction both technically and contractually.
- Strong knowledge of WorksafeBC & BC Building Code regulations & requirements.
- Advanced skills in developing an in-depth understanding of the project drawings, specifications, schedules, contracts and ensuring all materials and work comply with the contract documents and quality specifications.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite & MS Project. Procore experience an asset.
- Willingness to coach, mentor and foster growth in all direct reports.
- Must demonstrate initiative and leadership skills with the ability and willingness to face challenges, solve problems and motivate others to ensure the customer’s expectations and requirements are met.
- Ability to juggle multiple demands while keeping an excellent eye for detail.
- High standards in Client Relations and Customer Service.
- Valid driver’s licence required.
- Security clearance check is required.
- Please note: this employer has health protocols/vaccination protocols in effect.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assume overall responsibility for all on-site construction activities; on average responsible for 10-15 people.
- Manage large groups of stakeholders and multiple projects at one time.
- Manage subcontractors.
- Develop and execute detailed construction schedules.
- Other duties as required.