Shorefast’s mission is to build cultural and economic resilience on Fogo Island and promote community well-being by building and sharing new models of economic development. By ‘holding on and reaching out’, Shorefast works with hospitality, art, technology, business, and design to enhance and share the natural assets of place.
The Facilities Systems Engineer, based on Fogo Island, will perform a variety of functions to support daily operations While working in a fast-paced environment, the incumbent will demonstrate a positive can-do attitude. The Facilities Systems Engineer will report to the Director of Facilities Maintenance.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Fogo Island Inn’s facility systems including but not limited to water treatment, boilers, refrigeration, humidifiers, HRV’s, hydronic solar system, laundry & kitchen equipment and electrical distribution infrastructure.
- Ensuring that a reliability-centered maintenance program and predictive asset management process are in place.
- Organizing the standardized processes for prioritization, management and testing of mechanical and electrical maintenance work including the management of critical maintenance documents, spare parts inventory, and all records and drawings.
- Fostering a strong ethic of good housekeeping providing a clean working environment amongst the Fogo Island Inn Maintenance team and contractors.
- Creating a culture of engagement and continuous learning among the workforce, developing and mentoring staff, and working toward the operation’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinating daily work activities for maintenance team members in conjunction with the Maintenance Team Lead.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting the Fogo Island Inn’s building management software.
- Conducting constant monitoring and inspection of Fogo Island Inn Facilities Systems.
- Enforcing and following all applicable safety rules and procedures.
- Preparing operating procedures for system equipment and machinery.
- Maintaining a neatly dressed and groomed appearance. Ensuring uniform is in good order.
- Collaborating in a positive manner with all members of the team at the Inn.
- Willing to work weekends and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties as required.
The ideal candidate:
- 2nd or 3rd Class Power Engineering designation or equivalent from any Canadian Province.
- Valid Canadian driver’s license is an essential requirement.
- Accreditations in other trades considered an asset.
- Must be able to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing. This involves keeping all departments informed of any maintenance issues.
- Problem solving abilities.
- Great attention to detail.
- Positive, outgoing, ambitious, and energetic.
- Organized and strives for perfection.
- Team player with a roll up your sleeves approach to getting the job done.
- A passion for small communities
What we offer:
- An engaged, highly supportive and collaborative environment
- The opportunity to work and live in a thriving social entrepreneurship environment
- A commitment to recruiting, promoting, and training qualified individuals at all levels within the organization
Submit a cover letter & resume to email@example.com , subject line “Facilities Systems Engineer.”
Questions about this position may be directed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Shorefast & Fogo Island: Strange and Familiar