Are you an Electro-Mechanical Technician looking to advance your skills with a variety of work and company training programs? Are you looking for a chance for advancement to a maintenance supervisor in the future? If you answered Yes to both, then we have a great opportunity for you! Our client, Intertape Polymer Group (IPG), is a recognized leader in the development, manufacture and sale of a variety of paper and film-based pressure-sensitive and water-activated tapes, stretch and shrink films, protective packaging, and more. They are looking for an Electro-Mechanical Technician to join their team in Etobicoke, ON. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Electro-Mechanical Technician is responsible for assisting and supporting Electrical,Mechanical and Maintenance activities as they relate to the production and operation process.
Current employees enjoy a nice, clean shop to work in with a safety-first atmosphere; educational training and support; a team environment; and proven job stability thanks to the consistent demand for their products in the medical industry. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or submit your resume online today!
Etobicoke, ON is a former district in the western part of Toronto. This municipality has less population density than central Toronto. It offers numerous public parks, lakes, close to shopping malls and just a 16-minute drive to downtown Toronto. This neighbourhood offers a little bit of everything for everybody and it is definitely a great place to work and live!
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: Excellent wage & extensive Benefits Package including:
- Employee life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Prescription drugs
- Vision Care
- Professional Services (Chiropractor, massage therapist, mental health practitioners, naturopath, osteopath, physiotherapist, podiatrist/chiropodist, speech therapist
- Out of province/Canada coverage & emergency travel assistance
- Safety Footwear allowance $180/year
Shifts: Mostly day shifts, 7am-3pm but some overtime/weekend work may be required (Saturdays)
- Dual-Ticketed Industrial Electrician (422a) & Millwright
- 2–3-year degree/diploma in Electromechanical Engineering technology or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in an industrial automation environment and/or manufacturing with both mechanical, electrical, and controls troubleshooting and repair. (Motors, gearboxes, chains, bearings, shafts, sprockets, gears, belts)
- Plumbing and welding experience preferred but not required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Read and understand electrical schematics, wiring diagrams and mechanical drawings
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills combined with excellent time management and well organized.
- Can work independently or as a team.
- Excellent computer literacy including MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Electrically and mechanically maintain, troubleshoot, and repair equipment.
- Highly motivated, proactive, and willingness to take on new challenges and tasks.
- Comfortable working in fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Must be meticulous and able to work independently and safely.
- Proficiency is using hand and power tools, rigging equipment.
- Must be able to work at heights
- Must be able to handle hot working environments especially in the summer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose, troubleshoot, maintain, and repair high speed machinery and manufacturing equipment
- Perform unplanned/reactive electrical, mechanical repairs.
- Electrical, mechanical and root cause analysis, fault finding and diagnosis, as well as recovery and resolution.
- Analysis of component failures and single point of failure prevention and recurrences using system information.
- Collaborate with other technicians on mechanical and electrical problems.
- Inspect, repair, and replace electrical/mechanical wear and spare parts inclusive of all set-ups and calibrations.
- Perform building maintenance and maintain a clean and safe work area and environment.
- Adjust, repair, or replace defective parts and component.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs equipment including replacing motors, relays, and switches on varied machinery up
- to and including three phases 480-volt energy.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned by management.
- Perform preventative maintenance following schedules and procedures as required.