Permanent, full-time position
If you’re a licensed Electrician with good troubleshooting skills, the Peel District School Board (PDSB) invites you to use your knowledge and skills as part of the team that ensures the electrical systems across our facilities are well maintained.
Working out of the North or South Maintenance Shop – from 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. – under the direction of a Maintenance Supervisor, you’ll provide electrical maintenance and installation services at various Board locations.
As an Electrician, you must have a good working knowledge of electric motors, motor controls, variable frequency drives, water well systems, lighting controls, electrical distribution, fire alarm systems, emergency power, emergency lighting and electronics as it applies to electronic environmental controls, heating ventilating equipment and energy management systems. Equipped with this knowledge, you’re ready to handle the servicing, maintenance and replacement of the aforementioned items, as well as perform other related duties, as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
The qualified Electrician we seek will have Proof of Apprenticeship in Ontario or equivalent, combined with a valid Ontario Electrician’s Construction and Maintenance 309A Licence, preferably with an Interprovincial Seal. As a member of our Maintenance Services team, you’ll also use the following qualifications:
- Ability to work on your own initiative with minimum supervision.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position.
- Working knowledge of computer systems.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, to work effectively with Board personnel and outside agencies.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s Licence (Class G).
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, anti-racism, and anti-oppression and to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
- Diploma in electronics from a recognized institution.
- Several years’ related Service Truck experience.
- Valid Canadian Fire Alarm Association (CFAA) or Electrical Contractors Association of Ontario (ECAO) Registered Fire Alarm Technician Licence.
- Valid Network Cabling Specialist (NCS) communication cabling licence.
- The successful candidate must provide a recent driver’s abstract, confirming a safe driving record, upon offer of employment.
- An updated resume and applicable licences must be submitted with your application in order for you to be considered.
Salary: $80,089 per annum
To apply for the position of Electrician, please complete an online application through Apply To Education . Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., on Monday, June 20, 2022.
The Peel District School Board (PDSB) is a racially, culturally and linguistically diverse board that serves 155,000+ students and approximately 23,000 employees. In PDSB, 87% of students are racialized, non-white, representing 162 different ethnic backgrounds. Students in Peel have 121 different first languages. Student diversity also exists in terms of gender and gender expression, sexuality and in terms of ability and faith. A responsive and empathetic understanding of the lived experiences of the students and communities we serve is vital to those who will take on leadership roles within the PDSB. The workforce consists of teachers, office staff, custodial staff, education assistants and professional staff. The workforce is largely unionized through PDSB’s numerous affiliated bargaining agents.
Commitment to Equity, Anti-Oppression and Anti-Racism
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will provide reasonable accommodation (e.g., an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on Days of Significance, etc.) based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.
We are also committed to inclusion, anti-oppression and anti-racist practices while also supporting the continuous growth and development of an equitable and empowered education system at the PDSB.
Criminal Background Check
Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to commencing employment. Please review the requirements for the Criminal Background Check.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position. When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process; such as, test and skill demonstrations. All communication to applicants regarding this job posting, including an invitation to complete skills assessments and/or a job interview if applicable, will be made through email. Candidates are encouraged to regularly check their email as listed on their applytoeducation.com account.
Discover why you should consider a career with us!