Are you an experienced Electrical Site Foreman open to new opportunities? Because we’ve got a great one! Our client is a 2nd- generation family owned and operated electrical contracting business specializing in commercial and multi-residential properties. They have secured work for a minimum of the next 2 years, with the project file continuing to grow. They are based out of Nanaimo, BC with offices in Victoria and Fort St. John. Our client is seeking an Electrical Site Superintendent to provide upper-level organization and direction of staff and projects.
A longstanding member of the BC Construction community, our client has trebled in size over the past 5 years. Our client prides themselves on their high standards that empower their employees to do their best work. Whether it’s adhering to legislated worker to foremen ratios; making sure all field employees are properly certified or registered, or embracing a culture of open-minded leadership, you can count on our client to provide a safe, professional and progressive workplace. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. To apply, submit your resume online now!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full-Time
Salary: $32 – $36/hour, depending on experience.
- Full benefits package including dental, prescription drugs, vision, RMT, physiotherapy, acupuncture, ect, long term disability.
- Paid vacation.
- Company funded training.
- Strict adherence to Technical Safety BC legislation and worker ratios.
- Proactive approach to safety and COR certified.
- Culture of continuous improvement and support to encourage innovation.
- Red Seal Journeyman Electrician.
- Valid Class B FSR or higher.
- Extensive knowledge of CEC.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license.
- 5 years electrical experience required in residential/commercial sectors.
- Experience in all other electrical fields are an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong supervisory skills a must.
- Ability to use basic hand tools, multi-meter, and cordless power tools.
- Willingness to use out of town, on call, longer/night/weekend shifts as required.
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Understanding of Arc Flash and Lock-out/Tag-out procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct, and control daily operations including completion of work scope, ensuring the use of company OHS policies and procedures, and on-site inventory management.
- Plan and prepare construction schedules and monitor progress.
- Reading and interpreting drawings and schematics.
- Professionalism in client/contractor relations.
- Installation of electrical components in multi-residential and commercial structures.
- Trouble-shooting of all electrical components.
- Testing and measurement with multi-meters, meggers, etc.
- Instruction of apprentices.
Type of Work Setting:
- Mixed use, Commercial/Multi-residential Construction