Dual ticketed Electrical, Instrumentation and Controls Technician wanted! Our client, a leading provider of environmental solutions, is seeking a qualified E&I Tech to provide system maintenance and repair for their Green Energy, 40MW biomass electric generating plant located in Merritt, BC. This plant will be supplied with 200,000 oven dry tonnes of biomass fuel per year. For their employees they offer competitive wages, flexible benefits, relocation assistance, and a temporary living allowance! This position is expected to establish local residency (temporary or permanent) to allow daily commuting to the Project office(s).
This is a great opportunity to join up as a key member for a well-established company that invests in their employee’s careers. Why not see how far they can take you? Apply online today, or call 1-855-733-7325 or text 250-483-5954 to learn more.
Merritt, BC is home for approximately 8,000 people. Located northeast of Vancouver, Merritt is a very livable city with friendly residents that can provide all your daily living needs. Tennis, gold, hiking, swimming are few of the many things that you can enjoy in this city.
- Benefits Package is provided from day 1.
- An excellent RRSP Matching.
- Relocation assistance provided.
Shifts: To be determined but expect that they will be 12 hour rotational shifts.
- Must be available for overtime if required by site.
- Provincial or Inter-provincial Trade certification – Dual certified Electrician and Instrumentation. Journey Person or Certified Technician (Electrical / Instrumentation / Controls).
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent education.
- 7 to 10 years practical experience in the Electrical, Controls and Instrumentation field.
- Practical experience with VFD’s, Servo controls, Pneumatics and Power Distribution Systems.
- Previous experience commissioning greenfield biomass power plants will be an asset.
- Experience with boilers and the associated steam systems and equipment.
- Emerson DCS experience preferred.
- Experience in a power generating plant.
- Experience working with biomass.
Skills and Abilities:
- Sound Instrumentation knowledge.
- PLC maintenance troubleshooting and basic programming skills (Allen Bradley equipment preferred).
- Intermediate level of PLC and VFD maintenance troubleshooting skills, and basic programming skills.
- Capable of reading, interpreting and utilizing blueprints and drawings.
- Solid computer skills: proficiency with spreadsheet, email, and word processing software. required; Microsoft Office and Windows preferred. A working knowledge of Computerized Maintenance Management Software (MAXIMO) applications will be an asset.
- Must be able to work for prolonged periods in extremes of hot and cold temperatures and inclement weather conditions.
- Must be able to tolerate dust and other airborne particles and work around other materials such as biomass, diesel and lube oils.
- Must be able to work from ladders, scaffolds, and high-lifts, and in confined spaces.
- Under certain conditions while working in the plant, may be required to wear a respirator.
- Required to wear safety equipment and FR clothing where appropriate.
- Requires frequent stooping, bending, climbing, reaching, and carrying and moving heavy objects with assistance when required.
- Criminal record check required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the maintenance manual creation, editing and review for all of the Plant EI&C equipment.
- Provide EI&C expertise for new construction and repairs within the Plant according to safety, quality and trade standards and guidelines.
- Resolve plant electrical, instrumentation and controls issues and implement corrective actions.
- Provide supervision feedback on information regarding jobs, including determining time required, material needs, labour requirements and impact on uptime.
- Establish and perform PM requirements for process controls and other related plant equipment, submit recommendations, and ensure follow up of corrective actions.
- Assists in setting plant maintenance, reliability and capital objectives. Develop and implement new initiatives.
- Assists operational teams in achieving maintenance, reliability and capital objectives. Identify gaps in the management system and make recommendations for improvements.
- Identify existing or potential risks and implement corrective measures targeting prevention measures. Promote Best Practice and a pro-active approach. Assist in producing safe systems of work- written procedures.
- Conduct and/or participate in RCM investigations of equipment failures and/or reliability issues and follow-up of corrective actions; update and draft any associated documents and procedures
- Ensure good communication and cooperation between both Plant sites and with corporate teams. Contribute and in some cases lead the development of regional initiatives.
- Participate in the shutdown planning and scheduling activities for both sites. Collaborate with local teams in identifying work and with the writing of procedures and task identification for individual site requirements.
- May be asked to assist and work at the other plant for short assignments.
- May be asked to participate on health and safety committees and initiatives.
- Ensure good communication with stakeholder representatives.
- Ensure the compliance of subcontractors and participate in their pre-qualification.
- Perform other related duties as requested by management.