Are you an Electrical Engineer with project management experience and great hands on technical knowledge? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is a leading producer of packaging, pulp, and specialty papers. They are seeking an Electrical Engineer for their mill in Escanaba, MI. This role would have you responsible for project and reliability engineering, maintenance planning, as well as time spent supporting the mill and operations. If you’re a big-picture person who loves to explore, collaborate, and create, this is the job for you. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 206-686-8084, or submit your resume online today.
Situated on Little Bay de Noc, the port city of Escanaba, MI is a popular spot for fishing and boating. Nature lovers spend their days exploring the wilds of Hiwatha National Park. This tucked-away treasure offers loads of fun activities, rich history, and a safe environment, making Escanaba a great place to live.
Salary: Very competitive.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits plan that includes:
- A generous relocation package
- Healthcare and Dental Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life and AD&D
- Disability Coverage Plans
- 401(k) Plan with Company Match
- Vacation and Holiday Leave
Shifts: Day shifts, Monday – Friday with occasional on call work required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering required.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience a must.
- Experience with drives and control systems is required.
- Experience troubleshooting electrical / instrumentation problems is also needed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent project management skills.
- Strong technical, problem solving, decision-making and computer skills and a demonstrated ability to analyze data.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization and work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of SAP is highly desirable.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Complete preliminary and authorization level engineering studies, including detailed scope development and capital cost estimates.
- Provide project management for capital projects and engineering support for projects involving capital installation, reliability improvement, capacity increase, cost reduction, safety and quality improvement.
- Assist in troubleshooting and resolving daily electrical/instrumentation problems with the mill’s machinery and equipment.
- Coordinate maintenance and project construction activities to ensure quality while minimizing process-related downtime.
- Organize and conduct training of electrical/instrumentation mill technicians, as assigned by supervisor, to assure successful installation, startup, and maintenance of equipment and systems.
- Other duties as required.