Director of Facilities
Job Type: Full Time Permanent
Start Date: Immediately
Enjoy the atmosphere of a small town and a stress-free commute to Sturgeon Public School Division! We are currently recruiting for a Director of Facilities to join our dynamic team and work in an engaging and rewarding environment! This position is based out of our Central Office in Morinville.
Reporting to the Associate Superintendent Corporate Services, the Director of Facilities leads the strategic planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluating of the Facility Department’s work. The Director is responsible for the management of all capital projects, developing the Division’s plans for all facilities, the annual IMR and Operations budget. The Director provides advice to Senior Executive Leadership regarding all things related to Operations.
- Develop the Division’s Master Facilities Plan, Three Year Capital Plan, Ten Year Capital Plan, and Modular Plan
- Develop, execute and monitor the Division’s annual IMR Budget and
- Operations/Maintenance annual budget
- Manage all Capital projects, including service agreements and contractor performance management
- Prepare documents for bids and other procurement needs, in alignment with the Government of Alberta purchasing requirements
- Coordinate and monitor external contractors
- Provide leadership in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of recommended Board policies and Administrative Procedures for the Facilities department
- Collaborate with the Division’s Leadership team to prioritize and deliver facility alterations and other projects
- Provide presentations and monthly project status reports to the Board, Senior Executive and Leadership teams
- Maintain compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements including
- Occupational Health & Safety, trade agreements, Ministerial and Board mandates, and employment standards
- Exhibit a positive and collaborative culture
- Effectively handle emergencies and crisis in a team-oriented, collaborative nature
- Build and maintain excellent customer service, and positive relationships with staff
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration and communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to deliver in a timely and accurate manner
- Strong analytical skills, decision-making and problem-solving skills
Education and Experience:
- Red Seal Trade Certificate in Carpentry, Construction, or related discipline
- Professional experience at Senior Management level
- Knowledge of trade regulations
- Effective leadership skills
- Experience in developing and managing a budget
ABOUT STURGEON PUBLIC SCHOOLS
Sturgeon Public Schools prides itself on doing things a little differently. Our schools are special places, where an open and collaborative relationship with parents and the rural community enhances the quality of our education and sees our students thrive. We support the entire individual, providing diverse specialty programming that inspires and develops each student, while maintaining caring schools that make our youth feel safe, secure, and accepted.
With a strong focus on literacy and a willingness to embrace technology to support learning – our unique approach to education equips students with the right skills, knowledge and characteristics to succeed in the 21st century.
All new employees to Sturgeon Public Schools are required to submit a recent (within 6 months), clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector included (from your local RCMP) prior to commencement of employment.
Applications for this position will be accepted online ONLY at www.sturgeon.ab.ca
Interested applicants may also submit their resumes to: CO.HR@sturgeon.ab.ca
All completed applications received by the deadline will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.