Our client is a privately-owned family business covering all disciplines of construction including General Contracting, Construction Management, Design Build and Tenant Improvements. They are seeking an experienced Crane Operator to join their team in Victoria, BC. This is a great opportunity to join a company that is committed to building community, encouraging creativity, and investing in its employees. To apply, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325, text 250-483-5954, or submit your resume online today!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Terms: Permanent, Full-time.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, 3 weeks’ vacation and optional defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- 5+ years tower crane experience with either low-rise or high-rise tower cranes or both.
- Tower Crane Certification, mandatory.
- Must be able to complete a proper and in-depth inspection of the crane daily and monitor the crane performance on an ongoing basis to prevent malfunctions and damage
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Excellent communication skills with workers on the ground using both radio and hand signals.
- Ability to problem solve and handle a high stress situation with professionalism.
- Ability to represent the company and keep a positive attitude.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Operate cranes to lift, move, position or place equipment and building materials
- Perform pre-operational inspections
- Calculate crane capacities and weight to prepare for rigging and hoisting
- Perform all work to the highest standard of quality and safety.
- Must fill out logbooks daily.
- Make sure all rigging practices are followed.
- Maintain the crane to manufacturer standards.
- Clean, lubricate and maintain cranes.
- Other duties as assigned.