Our client, GableCraft Homes, is a dynamic home builder committed to creating safe, sustainable and welcoming communities where families thrive for generations. They are seeking an Assistant Superintendent to join their team in Colwood, BC, just 10 km west of Victoria. Reporting to the Site Superintendent, this role will responsible for assisting in solving daily problems at the jobsite while maintaining the timeline. This position will develop and maintain a strong relationship with trades and ensure the environment and project are compliant with corporate policies across the organization.
This is a great opportunity to join a company that is leading the market share in new multifamily construction on Vancouver Island’s west shore. Current employees also enjoy the people-oriented atmosphere, ability to grow within the company, and extensive safety training. Interested in learning more? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325, text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Colwood, BC is a beautiful seaside community located just a 6-minute drive from Langford, 20 minutes from Esquimalt and 25 minutes from Victoria. Colwood is family-friendly and poised to grow significantly, thanks to a new community-led Official Community Plan. Colwood already boasts multiple educational institutions, efficient public transit, and plenty of parks and trails, including the Galloping Goose Regional Trail.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including Extended Health, Dental, Employee & Family Assistance Program, 3 weeks’ vacation, plus 1 week off between Christmas and New Year.
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Office Products.
- 1-2 Years prior home building experience.
- Knowledge of the BC Building Code.
- Knowledge of a variety of tools.
- Strong work ethic with an attention to detail.
- Willingness and ability to learn.
- Self-motivation for success.
- Physical ability for construction work.
- A sense of pride in your performance.
- The ability to organize and prioritize work effectively.
- Problem-solving skills- You can think on your feet!
- Valid driver’s licence and a clean driver abstract.
- Reliable transportation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the Site Superintendent is aware of key issues facing each individual home as these issues arise.
- Solve daily construction problems as requested and on own initiative.
- Prioritize working safely; ensure Trades are abiding by all regulations; attend all Tool Box and Safety meetings; provide warning slips when required.
- Support the activities of Trades and the Superintendent with respect and efficiency.
- Advise the superintendent of any charge-back work by trades and deficiencies.
- Maintain a clean worksite with excellent working conditions.
- Other duties as required.