Are you a Construction Project Manager open to a new opportunity? Our client is a privately-owned family business covering all disciplines of construction including General Contracting, Construction Management, Design Build and Tenant Improvements. They are seeking an experienced Project Manager to join their team in Victoria, BC. Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager works closely with the Superintendent through the project life cycle. This is a great opportunity to join a company with an excellent reputation for managing and constructing quality projects on time and on budget. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325, text 250-483-5954, or apply online now!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Terms: Permanent, Full-time.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including extended health, dental, 3 weeks’ vacation and optional defined Contribution Pension Plan.
- PMP and/or Professional Engineering accreditation is an asset.
- Post-secondary education is preferred.
- Gold Seal certification, preferred.
Experience: 7+ years of experience in the management of construction projects in the Industrial, Commercial and Institutional or large-scale residential sectors. Multi-unit, concrete tower experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of various processes for managing cost, schedules and quality on medium- and large-scale construction projects.
- Comprehensive understanding of building systems, building science, and commercial construction practices, processes & techniques.
- Demonstrated competence in the areas of safety, people management, project execution, cost control, quality and administration.
- Sound knowledge of construction and building techniques and ability to read and interpret contract drawings and specifications.
- Attention to detail and ability to balance task detail with project priorities.
- High level of integrity, confidentiality, and accountability.
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills.
- Proactive problem-solver and efficient communicator that can manage difficult situations with positive results.
- Proficient with Adobe Acrobat, MS Office Suite, Microsoft Project scheduling software, mandatory.
- Advanced Excel knowledge is an asset.
- Experience with Bluebeam Revu and Procore are assets.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage project schedule, cost, and quality to ensure the successful execution of the assigned project(s).
- Prepare project financial reports for review.
- Promote and monitor occupational health and safety culture within the organization
- Manage personal career development, provide mentorship to junior project staff (e.g. Project Coordinators).
- Communicate with clients regularly and monitor client satisfaction; escalate client concerns when unable to resolve directly.
- Communicate with key subcontractors as required to ensure performance and manage commercial matters.
- Other duties as required.