Our client is a leader in pneumatic and industrial compressed air systems. They are seeking a Compressor Technician to build, install, and service every aspect of compressed air systems for their customers across the Greater Toronto Area. Current employees enjoy a strong safety culture, family-oriented and respectful work environment, and comprehensive training with opportunities for advancement. This is a great opportunity to gain a stable career with a supportive and successful company. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 647-484-0311. Better yet, get a head start and apply online now!
The Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is the number one populated area in Canada, consisting of Toronto and the surrounding regional municipalities of Durham, Halton, Peel, and York. For the nature explorer, the GTA is bordered by Lakes Ontario, Kawartha, Simcoe, and the Niagara Escarpment, not to mention the plethora of parks, forests, and ravines. If big city life calls to you, jump feet first into Toronto, a hub of sports, art, music, recreation, and history. If a shorter commute and smaller community is more your style, try the suburban town of Oakville, listed as MoneySense’s 3rd best place to live in Canada of 2016. Wherever you hang your hat, this role is sure to make you an expert in this metropolitan area.
Salary: $38.00-$40.00 depending on experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including dental, 2 weeks vacation, wellness days, RRSP matching up to 4%, personal use of company vehicle, company-paid gas card and maintenance.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
- Must be a self-starter and have good customer service skills.
- The ideal candidate will be a graduate of an electrical or mechanical technician program from a community college. A Millwright or Electrician background would be an asset.
- Rotary screw compressor experience required.
- Well-rounded maintenance and rebuild skills.
- Ability to work under duress and tight deadlines.
- Team player, great communicator, and a leader above all.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Valid driver’s licence and clean abstract required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide outstanding quality service to all customers for regular maintenance and emergency service calls.
- Keep in communication with office personnel, management and service coordinator.
- Respond to breakdown calls in a timely fashion.
- Share responsibility of the emergency and backup pager ensuring personal availability during the appointed period.
- Work in conjunction with the Service Coordinator to coordinate service calls, parts pick up from suppliers and office as required.
- Complete all work orders and appropriate paperwork such as expense reports and credit card receipts as required accurately and in a timely manner.
- Use all company equipment responsibly, including the use of the company vehicle, and maintain cleanliness inside and out. Ensure that vehicles are serviced and complete vehicle “walk-around” prior to attending service call. Company vehicles are to be driven responsibly at all times.
- Ensure that customers’ facilities are left clean and tidy and make sure that company stickers are placed on serviced equipment.
- Maintain truck inventory.
- Participate with the team and all other departments to provide an environment for success.
- All other duties as assigned.