Are you a CNC Machinist looking for a better work-life balance? Then we have the job for you!
Our client offers heavy equipment mechanical, machining and welding services all under one roof for BC’s logging industry. They are seeking a CNC Horizontal Boring Mill Machinist to join their team at their full-service state-of-the-art shop in Campbell River, BC. They are offering excellent wages plus shift premiums and a really GREAT benefits package! This is a great opportunity to join a small, family-oriented company that values inclusivity and safety. To learn more give us a call or text 250-483-5954, or submit your resume online now!
Located on the east coast of Vancouver Island, Campbell River is about a 1.5 hour trip from Nanaimo, and 4 hours from Vancouver. Campbell River is the 3rd-largest city on the Island and was named one of the top five quality of life destinations in North America by Foreign Direct Investment Magazine.
Salary & Benefits: $39.16 per hour + shift premiums & benefits, including medical, dental, and vision benefits, RRSP contribution, boot allowances and much more. Total Package $80,000 – $105,000. Unionized. Relocation assistance/Sign-on bonus negotiable.
Shifts: 8 am – 4:30 pm.
- Red Seal or Journeyperson Machinist certificate required.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate preferred.
- Driver’s license and car required.
- Minimum 3 years’ CNC machining experience is a must.
- Experience with Horizontal Boring Mill 5 Axis and working with large parts.
- Doosan DBC 130 Planner experience is an asset.
- Proficient with using Fanuc controllers, G codes and Macros.
- Experience with using overhead cranes.
- Must be a team player with excellent people skills.
- Must be able to communicate respectfully.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Daily programming/setup and operation of a Doosan DBC130 CNC Horizontal Boring Mill with Fanuc controller.
- Ensuring that the part setups are done safely and efficiently.
- Maintaining superior quality in every part manufactured.
- Take initiative to research better machining methods to improve job efficiencies.
- Maintaining a clean and safe work site.
- Other duties as required.