Are you a Gasfitter who would be interested in…
Working on some of the largest and most automated equipment in the world?
Receiving a generous relocation bonus to help move you and your family to one of BC’s most beautiful mountain communities?
Enjoying a long list of benefits and perks?
If you’re interested in all that, then we want to hear from you! Our client is one of Canada’s largest diversified mining companies and they are seeking two Gasfitters at two locations within an hour of Sparwood, BC. To learn more, call 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. This is a great opportunity for those ready for all the advantages of a safe workplace and ongoing in-house training and workshops to help progress your career. Time to get the ball rolling and apply online today!
Sparwood, BC is a family-friendly community nestled in the Rocky Mountains. Surrounded by pristine wilderness, there’s no end of outdoor activities to choose from, be it skiing, canoeing, camping, fly-fishing, even golf. It is located roughly a half hour’s drive away from Elkford and Fernie, BC, and about 45 minutes to the Alberta border. Residents enjoy affordable housing, all the necessary amenities, and a relaxed, rural atmosphere.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Locations: Sparwood, BC and Elkford, BC
Salary: Competitive, plus OT, premiums and bonuses. Trade retention bonus plus relocation assistance offered.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including:
- Two Annual Bonus Plans
- Trades Retention Bonus
- Relocation Assistance
- Healthy Lifestyle Account
- Employee Share Purchase Plan
- Extended health, dental, & vision
- Paid vacation
- Retirement package
Shifts: Straight day shifts.
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal / Class A Gasfitter Certification required. Interprovincial Red Seal Plumber Certification an asset.
- Relevant experience in commercial or industrial facilities required.
- Experience with or knowledge of water lines, sewer lines, air lines, water softener systems, boilers, burners, makeup air units, furnaces, process burners and various other gas-fired equipment.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of basic computer systems (Microsoft Office®).
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and project specifications.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Small Water and Small WasteWater systems ticket would be an asset.
- Experience in a mining environment is an asset.
- Able to work cross-functionally.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be a courageous safety leader, adhere to and sponsor safety and environmental rules and procedures.
- Install, maintain, and repair water and waste disposal systems.
- Install and maintain process piping and all HVAC units.
- Diagnose all system problems.
- Disassemble and reassemble system components as required.
- Other duties as required.