Our client is a mechanical contracting company specializing in all areas of boiler maintenance and service. They are seeking a Class “A” Gasfitter Service Technician to provide expert emergency repair, testing, limited engineering, preventative maintenance and start-up technical support at customer sites across the Lower Mainland, BC. Current employees enjoy a supportive work environment that values acknowledging and rewarding its workers. If you are interested in this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text (604) 343-3535, or submit your resume online now!
The Lower Mainland is a region in and around the city of Vancouver, one of the most ethnically and linguistically diverse cities in Canada. The Lower Mainland area is bounded to the north by the Coast Mountains, to the southeast by the Cascade Mountains and a beautiful coastline to the west. With its mild climate, there are recreational activities to enjoy all year round including biking, hiking, kayaking and more. The majority of the service calls are in and around the Surrey/Burnaby areas, although the entire Lower Mainland will be your service area.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Bonuses. Company truck & gas card provided. Relocation assistance may be offered for the right candidate.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits Package including extended health, dental, vision, life insurance, and tuition reimbursement.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 8 am – 4:40 pm. Weekday OT available. Occasional on-call work may be required.
- Minimum of a class “A” Gas ticket required.
- Previous boiler service experience.
- Valid class 5 driver’s license and a clean driver’s abstract record.
- Red Seal or Journey-level certification in a relevant trade (Gasfitter, Steamfitter, Pipefitter, or Plumber) trade preferred.
- Backflow certificate is preferred.
- Background in welding, rigging, pipefitting, or millwrighting an asset.
- The selected candidate will be required to obtain the customer’s security clearance.
- Willingness to be part of a team.
- Ability to provide technical guidance and support on products and services with minimal supervision.
- Ability to bring creativity, innovation and originality to current technical applications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to any type of emergency service call as directed to keep system downtime to a minimum.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, repair, restore, and replace equipment & systems to full operation and recommend revisions/replacements when necessary for effectiveness.
- Provide technical assistance to sales representatives conducting surveys, provide estimating assistance and sales leads to the sales group.
- Instruct and/or train customer or customer representatives on mechanical systems operating procedures.
- Report current material/inventory in a responsible manner, and recommend inventory requirements.
- Maintain company propriety and documentation in accordance with established policies; handles proprietary information in a prescribed manner; adhere to and support all safety requirements.
- Keep abreast of changes and new development in products and technology. Attend and complete training certification programs as requested. Maintain current license.
- Maintain good customer relations and assist in contract retention; inform supervisor of customer needs, requirements, systems status and actual or potential customer problems. Exercise good judgment and skillful handling of demanding and difficult customers.
- Take on-call rotation as required.
- Perform other duties as required.