Chair, Apprenticeship and Skilled Trades Accelerator (FTY 41085)
Faculty of Science, Trades and Technology
Employment Group: Admin
Type of Position: Full-time
Salary Range: $93,637 to $124,850
Closing Date: August 31, 2023
Working at Fanshawe College
Fanshawe College is committed to the principles of hybrid work and may offer this option to employees whose work can be performed in an alternate location, without adverse impact to the operations of the College, inclusive of our Student and Staff experience. Confirmation of hybrid work options available to you will be clarified upon hire and may be subject to change based on the duties required of your position. Successful candidates will be required to perform work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus, as required.
Note: This is a full-time Administrative position (37.5 hours per week).
Duties: Reporting to the Dean, Faculty of Science, Trades & Technology, the Chair is responsible for providing broad academic leadership to the diverse apprenticeship and skilled trades programs within the Faculty of Science, Trades & Technology to ensure the objectives of the programs are attained. This includes the on-going review of existing programs and the development of new programs to reflect market changes and the employment needs of industry in alignment with the College’s strategic plan.
Additionally, the Chair will, in direct coordination with internal college area leaders, manage the College’s Skilled Trades Accelerator Office and related initiatives which include leading provincial skilled trades and apprenticeship business development and funding opportunities, steward regional secondary school board and associate events, programs, recurring and emergent ministry projects, recruitment exercises, and centrally coordinate the college’s apprenticeship portfolio and related Ministry relations, processes, budget, and planning activities.
Bringing an entrepreneurial approach to the position, the Chair plays a pivotal role by leading and supporting successful implementation strategies that align to key business objectives for area of responsibility. The Chair will actively promote and coordinate external funding initiatives, donor awards and related advancement initiatives for pan-college program improvements, external college reputational improvement and regional positioning.
- Master’s degree in Skilled Trades, Business, Political Science or a relevant subject area
- Red Seal qualification in a skilled trade is an asset
- Minimum 9 years’ related, progressive work experience, including academic leadership roles
- An equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered; preference will be given to applicants meeting the education requirements
- Ministry and skilled trades program development experience
- Extensive knowledge in curriculum design and development, program planning, marketing, and public speaking
- Financial budget experience
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate and foster a collegial, collaborative environment and a demonstrated ability to work with the applicable sector
- Effective leadership and team building skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish alliances with the related occupational community
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing strategic plan
- Excellent critical thinking, problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills and familiarity with project management principles and practices
While transcripts are not required for the interview, they are mandatory prior to any offer of employment.
How to Apply:
For more information and how to apply, please visit the Fanshawe College website at: https://jobs.fanshawec.ca/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those chosen for an interview will be acknowledged.
Fanshawe College is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equity, value diversity, and welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds.
Fanshawe College provides accommodations to job applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process. If a job applicant requires an accommodation during the application process or through the selection process, the hiring manager and the Recruitment Coordinator leading the recruitment will work with the applicant to meet the job applicant’s accommodation needs.