Are you an Instrumentation Technician open to a new opportunity? Our client is one of North America’s leading integrated wood products and forestry companies. They are seeking multiple Instrumentation Technicians to join their team in Hinton, AB. Reporting to the E/I Supervisor, the Instrumentation Tech will be a key player in a company-wide continuous improvement effort through the daily use of predictive and preventative maintenance strategies. In return, our client is offering a stable and rewarding career complete with competitive wages, benefits, and advancement opportunities. Current employees enjoy the close-knit camaraderie, culture of teamwork and mentorship, and sharing their love of the outdoors together. So why wait? Call or text us at 1-587-794-3883, or submit your resume online today!
Hinton, AB is located about 2.5 hours drive west of Edmonton, and 1 hour North from Jasper. Located on the Yellowhead Highway, it is easily accessible. With a population of 10, 000, Hinton boasts all the amenities of an urban centre, but without the high cost of living. Situated next door to the Rockies, outdoor activities are endless, from hiking to skiing to fishing in the nearby Athabasca River. There are also many community events, including the Fohn Festival, Wild Mountain Music Festival, and the Beaver Bike Fest, making it a great place to raise a family.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Unionized. Relocation assistance and 30 days of accommodation may be available for the right candidate. OT is 1.5 after 40 hours a week.
Benefits: An excellent benefits package including extended health, dental, vision, defined pension plan, and 2 weeks of vacation.
Shifts: For new hires, 4 x 10 straight day shifts Monday to Thursday or Tuesday to Friday 7 am – 5:30 pm. Rotational schedule based on seniority: 4 days on, 4 days off, 12-hour shifts.
- A valid Journeyman’s Instrumentation certification and/or Interprovincial Red Seal certification is required.
- Five years of experience in an operating industrial environment.
- Mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic knowledge and aptitude.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Proficiency in DeltaV DCS, and PLC systems is required.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment as well as succeed independently using available resources.
- A desire to progress, learn, grow, and succeed.
- Pre-employment medical, drug and alcohol testing required.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s licence required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Actively contribute to creating a safe work environment.
- Perform preventative maintenance on control system components, instrumentation, and valves.
- Investigate and analyze process variations and anomalies and communicate with operations to develop a solution.
- Troubleshoot, repair, calibrate and install a wide variety of instrumentation, control, and analyzers.
- Install new instrumentation and electrical equipment throughout the facility.
- Participate in on-call rotation and shift coverage to support plant operations.
- Other duties as required.