Our client, a longstanding leader in mining and energy generation, is seeking a Heavy Duty Mechanic to join their team in Coronach, SK. Working both in the shop and mine site, this role will be responsible for the mechanical repair and maintenance of a variety of heavy equipment, the rail locomotive, rolling stock and vehicles assigned to the shift in a continuous mining setting. In return, our client offers great wages and benefits, and they are even a 3-time consecutive winner of the John T. Ryan regional award for safety in mining. This is a great opportunity to join a reputable company in a family-oriented community. If you’re interested in learning more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 306-993-0855, or submit your resume online today!
Coronach, SK is a small, welcoming community located about 1.5 hour’s drive south from Moose Jaw and just 15 minutes north of the US/Canada border. Popular attractions include a beautiful golf course and tours to the Big Muddy badlands. Locals of Coronach enjoy the safe environment, reasonable real estate prices, and the fact that there’s hardly any traffic!
Salary: $51.81/hr, unionized. Double time OT.
Benefits: Health, dental, and STD 100% covered by the employer. 5% pension plan and 3 weeks vacation.
Shifts: rotation between days and afternoon shifts. 2 out of 3 weekends off.
- Red Seal Journeyman Heavy Duty Mechanic certificate required.
- Minimum 2 years of related work experience in the mining industry preferred.
- Experience with 777 CAT haulers, D10T loaders, dozers, wheel trucks, backhoes, 90-yard draglines, and locomotives would be an asset.
- Valid 3A driver’s license endorsement or willingness to get it required.
- Drug, alcohol, and criminal background check required.
- Shop environment and fieldwork. The environment is susceptible to the weather as a combination of indoor and outdoor work is required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Diagnose all malfunctions and carry out planned and period safety and preventative maintenance inspections and servicing.
- Repair gasoline and diesel engines, transmissions, differentials, planetary drives, and any hydraulic and air actuated equipment, etc.
- Inspect and test repaired equipment or ensure safe and efficient operation and assist in the investigation of accidents that may be attributed to mechanical defects.
- Perform other related and assigned duties associated with the overall mining operations, as well as provide training to apprentices.