Carpenter (NOC 72310)
Artwork Interior Inc.
40 Howarth Avenue
Scarborough, Ontario M1R 1H4 Canada
Job Type: Contract, Full Time, Weekend, Day, Night, and Evening
Salary: $29.00 Hourly for 35 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, Ontario (3 vacancies)
Artwork Interior Inc. is a Toronto based full-service construction company specializing in renovation, restoration and rehabilitation of residential, commercial, industrial, and institutional building exteriors and interiors.
The Carpenter will be responsible for completing variety of job tasks involving general carpentry, framing and formwork to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. Job responsibilities will also require performing general labor duties when requested.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Operate various hand tools, power tools, and equipment used to complete carpentry duties, including: circular saw, table saw, router, pneumatic nail gun, ramset, drills, and other tools used for measuring, cutting, fastening, and drilling.
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
- May prepare cost estimates for clients.
· Education: Completion of High School, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical training.
· Experience: 1 year of work experience as a Carpenter.
· Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
HOW TO APPLY:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Artwork Interior Inc. is committed to diversity and equity; persons from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from everyone in respect of gender, ethnic groups, youth, newcomers and person with disabilities.