Carpenter (NOC 7271)
MRL Restoration Ltd.
1432 Seaview Drive
Mississauga, Ontario L5J 1X5 Canada
Job Type: Contract, Full Time, Weekend, Day, Night, and Evening
Salary: $27.00 Hourly for 35 hours per week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto, Ontario (2 vacancies)
MRL Restoration Ltd. is revolutionizing the interior construction industry by providing sustainable, customizable manufactured interiors. We believe the time has come for construction to embrace technology and take a more sustainable approach to building. We believe to do better; we need to build better. The opportunity and timing are perfect, both the industry and the planet demand it. Together, we have the technology, knowledge, and expertise to create opportunities for change.
The Carpenter will be responsible for completing variety of job tasks involving general carpentry, framing and formwork to assist with the completion of landscape construction projects. Job responsibilities will also require performing general labor duties when requested.
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings and sketches to determine specifications and calculate requirements
- Operate various hand tools, power tools, and equipment used to complete carpentry duties, including circular saw, table saw, router, pneumatic nail gun, ramset, drills, and other tools used for measuring, cutting, fastening, and drilling.
- Prepare layouts in conformance to building codes, using measuring tools
- Measure, cut, shape, assemble and join materials made of wood, wood substitutes, lightweight steel and other materials
- Build foundations, install floor beams, lay subflooring and erect walls and roof systems
- Fit and install trim items, such as doors, stairs, moulding and hardware
- Supervise apprentices and other construction workers
- May prepare cost estimates for clients.
- Education: Completion of High School, some college/CEGEP/vocational or technical
- Experience: 1 year of work experience as a Carpenter.
- Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
HOW TO APPLY:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MRL Restoration Ltd. is committed to diversity and equity; persons from underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply. We welcome applications from everyone in respect of gender, ethnic groups, youth, newcomers and person with disabilities.