Our client, GableCraft Homes, is a dynamic home builder committed to creating safe, sustainable and welcoming communities where families thrive for generations. They are seeking a Carpenter to join their team in Colwood, BC, just 10 km west of Victoria. This role will be responsible for miscellaneous work around the site as required by their multi-family construction team, anything from hanging doors, frame checks, fixing framing deficiencies, formwork, and more. This is a great opportunity to join a company that is leading the market share in new multifamily construction on Vancouver Island’s west shore. Current employees also enjoy the people-oriented atmosphere, ability to grow within the company, and extensive safety training. Interested in learning more? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325, text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Colwood, BC is a beautiful seaside community located just a 6-minute drive from Langford, 20 minutes from Esquimalt and 25 minutes from Victoria. Colwood is family-friendly and poised to grow significantly, thanks to a new community-led Official Community Plan. Colwood already boasts multiple educational institutions, efficient public transit, and plenty of parks and trails, including the Galloping Goose Regional Trail.
Salary: Excellent wage – Negotiable, plus great benefits package.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including Extended Health, Dental, Employee & Family Assistance Program, 3 weeks’ vacation, plus 1 week off between Christmas and New Year.
Shifts: Flexible depending on workflow, but will generally be Monday to Friday, 7:30 am – 3:30 pm.
- Red Seal or Journey-level Carpenter certification required.
- Minimum 5+ years’ work experience in the construction industry.
- A valid driver’s licence, a clean driver’s abstract and a reliable form of transportation are required.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to read technical documents and drawings.
- Organized and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Safety-first mentality.
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs; ability to perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching; ability to work in adverse conditions including confined space, heights, and outdoors in various weather.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule.