Our client is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, and more. They are seeking a Building Maintenance Technician with a specialization in HVAC/Refrigeration to perform preventative and corrective maintenance for their facilities in Thunder Bay, ON. Travelling to different client sites, this role provides routine and on-demand services on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems for multiple facilities. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 204-202-3027. This is a great opportunity to join a company that invests in their employees and offers competitive wages and value-driven benefits to promote long-term stability. So don’t wait, submit your resume online today to apply!
Located right on Lake Superior, Thunder Bay, ON is a city that is “Superior by Nature”. It is easily accessible via the Trans-Canada Highway. Thunder Bay is about 40 minutes by car to Kaministiquia, 30 minutes to Kakabeka Falls, and 45 minutes to the US border. Thunder bay is the urban hub of the region and has all the transportation, educational, recreational, municipal, and medical services one could need. With such proximity to Lake Superior, Quetico Provincial Park, and Sleeping Giant Provincial Park, Thunder Bay is rich in natural beauty.
Salary: $40-44/hour, depending on experience and location.
- Company paid health and dental benefits.
- Competitive pension benefits.
- Paid uniforms, tools, safety equipment, newer vehicles to drive.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- 6 paid sick days; 2 paid floater days.
Shifts: Various shifts, including on-call/standby and emergency call-outs. Most client sites are within one city so you should be home every night. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Red Seal or Manitoba Journeyman’s Refrigeration license required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Gasfitter I or II license an asset.
- Journeyman Electrician or Plumbing ticket an asset.
- Facilities Technician or Systems Maintenance through BMOI preferred.
- 3-5 years refrigeration experience.
- More than 4 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to authorize or obtain formal approval of work required.
- Other duties as required.
- Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements.
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able and willing to drive to and perform work at multiple sites.
- Valid drivers’ license required.