Our client is a global leader in the provision of facility management, project delivery, energy & sustainability, and more. They are seeking a Building Maintenance Technician with a specialization in HVAC/Refrigeration to perform preventative and corrective maintenance for their facilities in major locations in BC, Alberta, Manitoba, and Ontario. Travelling to different client sites, this role provides routine and on-demand services on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems for multiple facilities. If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 204-202-3027. This is a great opportunity to join a company that invests in their employees and offers competitive wages and value-driven benefits to promote long-term stability. So don’t wait, submit your resume online today to apply!
British Columbia Locations: Vancouver and the Lower Mainland, Fort St. John
Alberta Locations: Peace River, Lloydminster, and Red Deer
Manitoba Locations: Brandon
Ontario Locations: Sault St. Marie
Salary: $40-44/hour, depending on experience and location.
- Company paid health and dental benefits.
- Competitive pension benefits.
- Paid uniforms, tools, safety equipment, newer vehicles to drive.
- 3 weeks paid vacation.
- 6 paid sick days; 2 paid floater days.
Shifts: Various shifts, including on-call/standby and emergency call-outs. Most client sites are within one city so you should be home every night. Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Red Seal or Manitoba Journeyman’s Refrigeration license required.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Gasfitter I or II license an asset.
- Journeyman Electrician or Plumbing ticket an asset.
- Facilities Technician or Systems Maintenance through BMOI preferred.
- 3-5 years refrigeration experience.
- More than 4 years of facility operations and maintenance work experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Advanced troubleshooting and resolution skills.
- Current knowledge of fire, life, safety and building codes and standards.
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responds to routine and on-demand service requests and performs preventative and corrective maintenance on facility mechanical and electrical equipment and systems.
- Receives, tracks, monitors and reports status of maintenance and repair work within service maintenance management database. Initiates documents to authorize or obtain formal approval of work required.
- Other duties as required.
- Must meet enhanced security clearance requirements.
- Must be willing to wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able and willing to drive to and perform work at multiple sites.
- Valid drivers’ license required.