How would you like to work for one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies for four years running? Our client, a premium service provider for bulk commodity transportation, is seeking a B620 Inspector/Trailer Mechanic to join their team in Sherwood Park near Edmonton, AB. Reporting to the Shop Supervisor/Lead Hand, this position will be responsible for inspecting, diagnosing, repairing, and servicing all systems and components of transport trucks and trailers to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
Current employees enjoy the approachable, hands-on management style, training and advancement opportunities, and a fleet of new trucks to work on. Interested? Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 587-794-3883, or submit your resume online today!
Edmonton is the capital city of Alberta and has a population of 899,447 people. It’s located just 20 minutes by car from Sherwood Park, 35 minutes from Leduc, and 1 hour 45 minutes from Red Deer. It’s well known for its dynamic young hockey team, scenic river valley and thriving music and art community. Edmonton is home to North America’s largest shopping and entertainment complex (West Edmonton Mall), and they host 30 festivals a year making them Canada’s Festival City.
Salary: $38.25 DOE.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, RRSP matching, health spending account, employee assistance program, paid vacation, PPE & coveralls provided.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 7:00 am – 3:30 pm. OT available.
- Red Seal or AB Journeyman Truck and Transport Mechanic or Transport Trailer Technician certification. 2nd to 4th-year Apprentices may be considered.
- 2+ years of directly related experience or experienced qualified tank inspector or tank tester, B620 certified.
- Valid driver’s license and clean abstract required.
- CVIP License will be considered an asset
- A criminal record background check & drug/alcohol screening are required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform scheduled testing and certification of highway tanks for the transportation of dangerous goods in accordance with CSA B620 standards.
- Repair, maintain, install and troubleshoot trailer tank systems and components.
- Read and understand work orders, task procedures, and interpret technical manuals.
- Write work orders, diagnose the cause of failures, and carry out repairs according to the manufacturer’s specifications.
- Mentor and assist apprentices, if applicable.
- Perform inspections as per the Commercial Vehicle Inspection Program as required, only if licensed to do so.
- Perform all other duties as assigned by Supervisor/Management.