Are you an Automotive, Heavy Duty, or Commercial Transport Mechanic who would like to work for an award-winning employer? Then you’ve come to the right place! Our client provides a variety of services to thousands of residents in the City of Surrey, and they are looking for a mechanic who will be responsible for maintaining, servicing and repairing a wide variety of multiple fuel type vehicles and equipment. Our client is one of BC’s top employers, and for good reason! Their employees enjoy competitive wages and amazing benefits and perks, from health and pension to subsidized transit and fitness to tuition reimbursement. Not to mention the developmental opportunities, with personal planning, leadership programs, and health and safety courses. So what are you waiting for? Give us a call/text at 604-343-3535 to learn more, or better yet, get a head start and apply online today!
Living in Surrey
Located 24km southeast of Vancouver, Surrey offers easy access to Highway 1 and opportunities to explore all that British Columbia has to offer. The City of Surrey is committed to working with neighbourhoods, residents and community groups to create beautiful spaces and to promote and celebrate community activity, spirit, and pride. Close to the ocean, mountains, Whistler, Vancouver Island and the USA, the recreational and leisure opportunities are endless. Some of Surrey’s neighbouring cities that are conveniently accessible by car or public transportation are Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Delta, Langley, Coquitlam and Maple Ridge.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
Salary: 37.8/hr. Negotiable for candidates with multiple tickets.
- Excellent benefits package available after 6 months’ probation, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision.
- Extended health physiotherapy, massage and other therapeutic treatments.
- Defined benefit pension plan.
- Travel insurance and life insurance.
- Employee and family assistance program.
- On-site gyms, fitness classes and discounts to select recreation centres.
- Subsidized transit passes, carpool and car-share options.
- Up to $4000/year tuition reimbursement.
Shifts: Monday to Friday, 3pm – 11pm.
- Red Seal or BC Journeyman’s certification in Automotive, Heavy Duty, or Commercial Transport is required
- Completion of Grade 12 or equivalent.
- BC Class 3 Driver’s license with air brake endorsement or out of province equivalent and a safe driving record. Clean Drivers licence abstract must be provided.
- CVI certification an asset.
- Experience as a ticketed trades mechanic.
- Experience performing repairs on heavy duty equipment (e.g. Backhoes, Excavators) an asset.
- Experience communicating and interacting directly with customers regarding mechanical matters an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Must be comfortable using a computer.
- Considerable knowledge of methods, techniques, and equipment used in automotive, commercial transport and heavy duty mechanical trades.
- Knowledge of the principles of the operation of gasoline and diesel fuel internal combustion engine.
- Ability to interpret blueprints, drawings, plans, and to follow instructions.
- Ability to learn and abide by company’s policies, procedures and standards.
- Proven ability to maintain records, prepare reports and provide input for estimates of material, equipment and cost.
- Proven ability to work well with crew members and other staff and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects and troubleshoots equipment and vehicles to observe performance and determine cause of malfunction.
- Performs mechanical overhaul, maintenance, servicing and repair of vehicles and equipment.
- Dismantles equipment including engines, transmissions, differentials and blocks and services equipment for repair.
- Overhauls component parts such as carburetors, generations, fuel pumps, distributors and starters.
- Operates vehicles and equipment into position for repair and overhaul.
- Performs gas and electric welding tasks.
- Orders materials as required.
- Keeps accurate records including daily log of activities.
- Assists other crew members in performing their duties.
- Responds to inquiries from the public.
- Drives a City vehicle to and from job sites.
- Other job related duties as assigned.
- Heavy physical work in the garage and occasionally outdoor work in all types of weather conditions.