Our client is an automated weld equipment and assembly fixture provider based out of Windsor, ON. They are seeking a Automation/Robotic Technician to program and troubleshoot robots and robotic systems. If you are a talented and motivated individual who wants to excel in your field, then we want to hear from you! Our client is offering competitive wages, comprehensive benefits, and they also support a wide variety of robot, plc and weld controllers that present the opportunity to gain advanced knowledge of various applications. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or apply online now!
As the southernmost city in Canada, Windsor, ON is close to the US border and has a well-established tourism industry. It is also is known to be the major contributor of Canada’s automotive Sector. You can surely enjoy the good weather, parks, historic sites, gallery, orchestra and one of the largest casinos in Canada, the Caesars Windsor. This city is definitely a great place to live, work and enjoy!
Salary: $20 – $32/hour, depending on the experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit Package.
Electronics Engineering Technology (Industrial Automation), Electromechanical Engineering Technician (Robotics) Diploma or equivalent combination of technical courses and/or experience.
Experience: Experience in any of the following is an asset:
- Kawasaki Robots – AD,C,D, and E controllers.
- Kuka Robots – KRC2 and KRC4 controllers.
- Motoman Robots – MRC, XRC and NX100 controllers.
- Allen Bradley Processors – PLC5, SLC501-505, ControlLogix, Guardlogix.
- HMI programming using Factory Talk View, Panelbuilder.
- Medar weld controllers – 300,500,3000 series – 6000 series.
- Devicenet and Ethernet communications.
- Resistance spot and projection welding.
Skills and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge of Allen Bradley PLC programming software.
- Broad knowledge of robotic language interfacing and programming, devicenet and Ethernet communications, I/O capabilities and communications is an asset.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and team mentality.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Good organizational skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Interpret, path modification and program edits on robots.
- Routine to complex troubleshooting for hardware and software using knowledge of PLC’s and circuit analysis.
- Onsite calls to correct problems on automated robotic systems, press line and weld assemblies.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electronic devices, robots and welders.
- Provide technical assistance to the customer and other skilled trades.
- Other duties as required.