Opportunity alert! We have a brand new role for Apprentice Heavy Duty Mechanics in the Lower Mainland. Our client is an established construction/aerial equipment rental and repair service provider based out of Richmond, BC. They are looking for 2-3 Apprentices to assist in providing equipment maintenance and repair both in the field and in shop. This is a great opportunity to expand your skill set with a team of experienced mechanics. If you have questions, call us at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), or text 604-343-3535. If you’re independent, mechanically skilled, and excited to learn, then submit your resume online now!
The city of Richmond, BC is located in Metro Vancouver and offers easy transit and highway access to Vancouver, White Rock, Surrey and neighbouring municipalities. Richmond's flat terrain offers great cycling along its waterfront dykes, and also made it a practical choice as a 2010 Olympic Winter Games venue city, with the spectacular Richmond Oval hosting speed-skating. The city also offers great multicultural shopping and dining!
Salary: $25-35/hour, depending on experience.
Benefits: Full benefits package including vacation.
Shifts: 7:00-3:30pm, Monday to Friday.
- 1st-4th year Heavy Duty Mechanic Apprentices will be considered.
- Valid drivers’ licence and reliable vehicle a must. Transit does not serve the shop location.
- Experience with hydraulics, electrical systems, and routine maintenance is an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong mechanical aptitude is required.
- Excellent problem solver, self-starter, and eager to learn.
- Good attitude, professional manner, and a team player.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proficient computer skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Always work in accordance to company safety policies and procedures.
- Inspect, maintain, repair, and test heavy duty equipment both in shop and in field.
- Clean, lubricate, and perform maintenance on a variety of components, including hydraulic pumps, safety switches, gas and diesel engines, and more.
- Provide superior customer service.
- Other duties as required.
- Own transportation is a must.
- Own basic tools required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50lb.
- May be exposed to extreme outdoor temperatures and/or construction.
- OT as required.