Opportunity alert! We have a rare Apprentice role for those in their 3rd and 4th years of Commercial Transport Mechanics/Truck and Trailer Mechanics. Our client is a truck and trailer equipment and repair services provider and they are accepting Apprentices for their shop out of Nanaimo, BC. This is a great opportunity to expand your skills with a local and reputable company. If you have any questions about this position, please give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 250-483-5954, or apply online today!
Located 90 minute’s drive north of Victoria, and 3 hours south from Tofino, Nanaimo, BC is a great option for those who love BC island life. Nanaimo boasts an excellent climate, affordable housing, public transportation, hospitals, and a university. There are plenty of outdoor options on the trails or on the water, but if you feel like exploring, locals often enjoy surfing in Tofino or skiing on Mt. Washington. Nanaimo also has a rich history and celebrates culture with local food, music, and art at multiple festivals throughout the year. If ocean views and a short commute appeal to you, then you might want to consider Nanaimo!
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefits package and equipment training provided.
Shifts: M-F 7:00 to 3:30 pm, T-S 7:00 to 3:30pm, M-F nights 3:00 to 11:30pm.
- At least 3rd or 4th year Red Seal or BC Journeyman’s Commercial Transport/Truck and Trailer Mechanic Apprenticeship required.
- Commercial vehicle inspection certification preferred.
- Class 3 Drivers licence, air break endorsement, and clean driver’s abstract required.
- Previous commercial transport experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Ability to work independently and as art of a team.
- Self-starter and motivated to find solutions.