Do you have experience with air compressor maintenance and repair? Do you enjoy travelling for work, meeting new customers, and assisting them with their equipment? Then we want to hear from you! Our client is a leading provider of sustainable productivity solutions including compressors, generators, mining equipment, and more. They are looking for a Satellite Service Technician for their Northern BC / Prince George territory, although the successful candidate can be based out of Vancouver, Langley, Prince George, or Burnaby. This key role is responsible for providing customer service while maintaining and repairing company equipment in the field. With loads of perks such as a generous defined benefit pension plan, tuition refunds and continuous developmental opportunities, this is a great opportunity to join a company that will encourage your growth and success. To learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 250-483-5954. Better yet, get a head start and apply online now!
Known as BC’s Northern Capital, Prince George is a commercial, medical, and transportation hub for BC’s northern communities. Residents enjoy affordable housing, incomes above provincial averages, and an extensive range of quality services and activities. Recreation opportunities are second to none; ranging from golfing, skiing, fishing, and hunting to any team sport you can think of. The City is a vibrant, active, and diverse community that has a strong cultural identity linked to the North.
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience. Unionized position. OT over 40 hours and holidays. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
- Highly competitive salary + overtime above 40 hours and holidays.
- Extended Health Care Plan, Dental Care and Life and Disability Insurance.
- Virtual Health Consultations with Canadian physicians.
- Company Pension Plan.
- $600 Physical Wellness Subsidy for gym memberships, classes and equipment.
- Paid time off (3 weeks’ vacation, 5 personal days, 5 sick days, 1 floater day).
- Company vehicle, cellphone & laptop.
- Emergency Travel Insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program.
- Educational Assistance Program (100% tuition reimbursement for courses related to employment).
- Employee Discount Program.
- Continuous Learning Opportunities.
Shifts: TWO OPTIONS! Monday-Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm or 2 week on 2 week off rotation to Prince George with hotel and travel paid!
- Provincial or Red Seal certification as an Industrial Electrician, Millwright or similar experience/knowledge.
- 5+ years of compressor experience on centrifugal, dry and flooded compressors.
- Valid driver’s licence and clean abstract required.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Enjoy working independently and able to self-manage.
- Must have own tools.
- Must be able to travel via plane to the US from time to time for training purposes.
- Extensive travel to customer locations, including out-of-town and overnight travel required.
- Must be available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and lift up to 100 lbs occasionally.
- Must be able to work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- Please note: this employer has health protocols in effect.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Carry out mechanical and electrical maintenance and service on brand and customer equipment.
- Advise customers about the general operations of their machines and maintenance requirements while promoting brand service products.
- Keep product knowledge up to date by reading instruction books, ECB’s, in referring to any other technical information system; and by participating in an effective manner to the training programs as offered by the company.
- Commission new equipment in an effective manner.
- Ensure that timesheets and other paper works are signed by the customer when applicable, and submitted timely.
- Prepare service reports with care and attention and offer solutions to problems.
- Advise the operations service manager and/or the service salesman of any new business opportunity.
- Support local customer base, develop new customers and maximize time utilization.