Calling all Vancouver Island Glaziers! Our client is Hub City Glass, and they require commercial and industrial certified glaziers for their shop and many projects around Nanaimo, BC. This fast-growing company does it all, from showers and tubs to commercial fronts to specialty products. They are offering competitive wages and benefits. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and quickly expand your skills. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 or text 250-483-5954. Our client believes in investing in their employees, so why wait? Apply today and see how high they can take you!
Nanaimo is among British Columbia's most likable cities, having a favorable balance of lifestyle, employment and investment opportunities. Centrally located on the east coast of Vancouver Island, 111 km North of Victoria, an hour from Courtenay and 15 minutes by plane to Vancouver and Nanaimo is the regional service centre for mid and North Vancouver Island.
Terms: Permanent, Full-time.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, RRSP, and pension.
- 8% Vacation pay.
- 4th year Glazier apprentices. Redline will support those wishing to gain their tickets.
- Drivers licence an asset.
- Previous glazing experience required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Must be able to lift 80-90 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, as well as bending, crouching, and kneeling.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Cut, measure, and prepare glass products.
- Install glass and sealed units into various glazing systems.
- Shower and tub enclosure and mirror installation.
- Commercial fronts and curtain wall installation.
- Replace and repair glass, windows, doors, and specialty products.
- Installation of aluminum frameworks as needed.
- Optional: Automated door installations.
Hub City Glass is located at 1817 Fremont Rd, Nanaimo BC, V9S 3H3, Canada
*Please note this position is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program*