4th Year Apprentice Glass Fabricators – Victoria, BC
Are you a 4th year Apprentice with glass fabricating experience? Our client is Redline Glass, and they require glaziers for their shop and many projects around Victoria, BC. As the biggest unionized shop in BC, you never have to fear a work shortage! From showers and tubs to commercial fronts to specialty products, Redline Glass does it all. They are offering competitive wages and benefits. This is a great opportunity to join a growing team and quickly expand your skills. If you’d like to learn more, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 or text 250-483-5954. Our client believes in investing in their employees, so why wait? Apply today and see how high they can take you!
Victoria is the capital of BC and a beautiful city that caters to all lifestyles. It has a population of approximately 345,000. It’s not hard to see why Victoria is a major tourist destination, all year round. It boasts beautiful weather and scenery, friendly people, a vibrant cultural scene, limitless recreational opportunities, and a full range of amenities. To learn more about living in Victoria, visit our Town Page!
Terms: Permanent, Full-time.
- Comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, RRSP, and pension.
- 8% Vacation pay.
- 4th year Glazier apprentices. Redline will support those wishing to gain their tickets.
- Drivers licence an asset.
- Previous experience measuring glass and use of glass cutters.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedication to safety is a must.
- Must be able to lift 80-90 pounds.
- Must be able to stand for extended periods, as well as bending, crouching, and kneeling.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing in English.
- Ability to read/create cutlist, calculate compound angles and read and accurately use a tape measure required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Read and interpret blueprints and specifications to determine type and thickness of glass, frame, installation procedure and materials required.
- Quality control paperwork.
- Use of automated and manual saws, and punches and rooter.
- Door fabrication and hardware install.
- Position glass panes into frames and secure glass using clips, points or moldings.
- Fabricate metal frames for glass installation.
- Measure and mark glass and cut glass using glass cutters.
Redline Glass Head Office is located at 6825 Veyaness Rd., Saanichton, B.C, V8M 2A7, Canada
*Please note this position is not eligible for the Employee Referral Program*