Are you an experienced 4th Class Power Engineer with industrial ammonia refrigeration experience? Our client, a seafood processing company, is hiring a Shift Engineer for their state of the art processing plant located in Delta. BC. Reporting to the Chief Engineer, the successful candidate will ensure that the facility runs at the optimal production levels with a minimal downtime.
Our client is the largest fresh and frozen seafood operation in B.C. They specialize in seafood processing, cold storage and value-added services and dedicated in promoting sustainable fisheries initiatives. If you are seeking for a challenging role and want to work in a company where you will learn and develop your skills, this job is for you!
Living in Delta
Located within a half-hour drive of Vancouver, and edging the US/Canada border, Delta (pop. 102,655) packs a punch when it comes to pioneer history, natural assets of beaches, parks and farmlands. Comprising three very different communities: North Delta, Tsawwassen and Ladner, Delta's diverse attributes are now becoming great attractions. The gentle landscapes give way to seven golf courses; the many dykes provide easy walking, cycling and equestrian trails and water sports, from skim boarding to kayaking are popular pursuits.
Salary: $27/hour starting wage, depending on experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Benefit Package including Medical and RRSP matching
Shifts: Various shifts offered. Lots of overtime opportunities available!
Education: 4th Class Power Engineer Certification with BC Safety Authority
- Must have at least 5 years of experience with ammonia refrigeration systems
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Shift Engineer in a large manufacturing environment
- Food processing industry experience
- Exceptional safety record is a must
Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a strong maintenance skill set
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and maintain the ammonia of tunnel & blast freezers , chillers, cold storage and compressors within code requirement
- Operate, inspect, maintain and replace parts of high pressure steam boiler
- Perform boiler chemical tests, add chemicals as necessary
- Update, monitor and maintain necessary logs and records
- Perform preventative and routine maintenance tasks on plant energy equipment engine room
- Perform general maintenance tasks throughout the facility as needed
- Coordinate and plan completion of work with others
- Monitor and respond to plant alarms
- Perform other duties incidental to the work described herein