Calling all BC 4th Class Power Engineers! Our client, a premier mushroom grower and marketer, is seeking a 4th Class Power Engineer for their operation out of Abbotsford, BC. This is a great opportunity to contribute to progressive farming in a newly renovated environment! If you have questions, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text 604-343-3535. To apply, send in your resume online today!
Abbotsford, BC is located in the Fraser Valley adjacent to the Lower Mainland with a population of approximately 133,500. Abbotsford is located just a 12 minute drive from Mission, 25 minute drive from Chilliwack, and 40 minutes from Surrey. Abbotsford is known as the city in the country; it has all the amenities and attractions of a modern urban core-right in the middle of one of the most beautiful and bountiful agricultural areas in Canada. Abbotsford is a great place to live, work, play, and raise a family!
Salary: Depending on Experience.
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package including MSP, health, and dental.
Shifts: Hours of work vary: shift work and some overtime may be required.
- BC Power Engineering Level 4 Certification or higher required.
- Must have a Valid BC Drivers Licence.
- WHMIS, Health and Safety, First Aid training is an asset.
- Medical testing may be required.
- Experience in the food processing industry necessary.
Skills and Abilities:
- Practical knowledge working with boiler systems.
- Able to efficiently follow work instructions and preventative maintenance programs for equipment & facility.
- Ability to visualize a layout by looking at plans and prints.
- Ability to utilize proper lifting techniques for handling items weighing up to 50lbs.
- Solid knowledge of Canadian Centre for Occupational Health & Safety (CCOHS) compliant workplace safety practices.
- Strong analytical decision making, and troubleshooting skills particularly for mechanical systems.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to interact with workers from other cultures in a sensitive and harmonious manner.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Good coordination and manual dexterity.
- Ability to work in an agricultural environment.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate, inspect, and examine machinery and equipment to detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions.
- Maintaining a clean, organized, and safe maintenance shop and facility.
- Cleaning, lubricating and performing other routine maintenance work on machinery.
- Follow the company’s purchasing policy and adheres to limits.
- Working conditions are typical for an industrial environment. Candidate may be on their feet for long periods of time and may require heavy lifting.
- Own transportation, shift & hours flexibility is a requirement of the position.