Our client is a leader in waste reduction initiatives, providing resource management services to more than 20 municipalities in Southwestern Ontario. They are seeking a 310 Truck Mechanic to join their team near Exeter, ON. Reporting to the Fleet Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for maintenance and repairs of the company’s fleet of 30+ vehicles. Current employees enjoy a friendly, fun, productive work environment. If you’d like to join up with a company that boasts a family-oriented atmosphere and excellent safety program, give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL), text 647-484-0311, or apply online today to find out more!
Known as the gateway to Ontario’s West Coast, Exeter, ON is located in South Huron, about 45-minute drive from London and an hour and 15 minutes from Kitchener. Locals and travellers alike enjoy the town’s heritage history and proximity to Lake Huron, in addition to the parks, restaurants, shops, playhouse, Motorplex, and drive-in! It is also home to the South Huron Trail, an all-season 8 km trail winding through the Ausable River Valley. With public education, health care, and transportation, Exeter is a great place for individuals and families to call home. Finally, Exeter is famous for its rare white squirrels!
Salary: $37-$38/hour, DOE with yearly increases. Relocation assistance may be provided for the right candidate.
Benefits: Excellent benefits including:
- Extended Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, RRSP matching, Company Pension, Life Insurance.
- Overtime after 10 hours per day & 40 hours per week.
- Generous boot, clothing & tool allowances.
- Double time on Sat, Sun, holidays and your birthday.
- Shifts: 4 days per week, 10 hrs per day. Afternoon shift, 1 pm to 11 pm.
- Journeyman 310T Truck Mechanic ticket required.
- DZ driver’s license preferred.
- Experience with hydraulics and electrical diagnostics would be an asset.
- Any related experience and/or education such as fabrication, or electronics would be an asset.
- Basic hand tools required.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspect and examine vehicles, test automotive systems and components using testing devices to diagnose and isolate faults.
- Detect and investigate irregularities and malfunctions and further repair or replace defective parts and malfunctions using hand and power tools.
- Complete reports to record problems and work performed.
- Ensure procedures for safety inspections and preventative maintenance programs on all vehicles.
- Other duties as required.