Calling all 310T Mechanics! Our client, a premier provider of waste, recycling, and disposal services, is seeking Truck and Coach Mechanic for their waste processing facility in Barrie, ON. Working directly with the Maintenance Manager, this role will be responsible for maintenance and repair of a fleet of CNG trucks that are only 3-4 years old and still under guarantee. This is a night shift with loads of perks: night shift premiums, safety and performance bonuses, generous tool allowance, and more. If you enjoy working as part of a close-knit team and want to grow your career with a reputable, family-oriented company, then don’t wait! Give us a call at 1-855-733-7325 (RED)-(SEAL) or text at 647-484-0311, or apply online now.
Barrie is a city located in the central part of the province of Ontario and a home for 143,634 people. Barrie is a beautiful, lively and attractive city that offers challenging ski opportunity, swimmable beaches and many park lands to enjoy. The City is known as Age-Friendly Barrie, improving the quality of life for all residents in all ages. Being a city that has numerous community centres and recreational venues, the city of Barrie is definitely a great place to work, live and have fun!
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time.
- Night shift premium as per the Collective Agreement
- Year round safety and performance bonuses.
- Comprehensive benefits package after 3 months.
- RRSP contributions.
- Generous tool allowance
- Boots allowance and uniforms and PPE.
- Safe and clean working environment.
Shifts: Monday to Thursday 4:00 pm to 2:30 am; Friday 4:00 pm to 9:30 pm. Must be available for shift work.
- Red Seal Truck and Coach Mechanic or Ontario 310T Truck and Coach Technician licence required.
- 2 years of verifiable Diesel Truck/Heavy Equipment experience.
- Computer diagnostic experience would be an asset.
Skills and Abilities:
- Dedicated to safety as the #1 priority.
- Solid knowledge of brakes and hydraulics repair.
- Knowledgeable about Electrical, Brakes, Diagnostic work on Mack, ABS, Allison, and Heil.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform repairs and maintenance on heavy trucks and other vehicles or heavy equipment to maximize safe and productive operations.
- Typical repairs include but are not limited to, routine maintenance and repairing engines chassis and body components, hydraulic cylinders, brake systems, suspension systems, cooling systems, wheels and tires.
- Hydraulics, electrical, diagnostics
- Road test vehicles to troubleshoot problems and/or test repairs to ensure proper and safe completion.
- Inspect equipment and/or trucks for condition, operations, parts and fluid levels, differentials, final drives, pump drives, and hubs.
- Read and interpret vehicle condition reports, and/or repair orders, communicates with supervisor and driver for clarification of problems. May discuss preventative techniques with drivers to minimize future repairs.
- Dexterity for handling small parts and tools in tight spaces.
- Sufficient strength for handling larger parts and tools.
- Pushing, pulling, reaching above/at/below shoulder, standing stooping, crouching, bending, walking, crawling, kneeling, carrying lifting 10-100 lbs.
- Visually inspects equipment and parts; adequate hearing.
- Able to work utilizing safety glasses, steel-toed work shoes, uniform and hearing protection.
- Able to climb steps and ladders.
- Work performed indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Subjected to loud noises, vibrations, hardworking surfaces, lubricants and chemicals, fumes, dirt and inherent hazards of mechanic work.